Bzflag.norang?

Place for people to discuss public servers, and also for admins to lay out the details of their servers
Tanner
Private First Class
Private First Class

Bzflag.norang?

Post by Tanner »

I've seen it quite a few times on the server list, but what is bzflag.norang.ca? Been to their site, but couldn't understand much/

-Tanner
A Meteorite
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by A Meteorite »

Another server like everyone else... :roll:

The only difference is that bzflag.norang.ca take like 3 pages of the server list - which is a good number of BZ Servers.
Owner @ BZFX
Core Admin @ CAN

Email me: bzmet…@gmail.com
Ice Wewe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Ice Wewe »

A Meteorite wrote:Another server like everyone else... :roll:

The only difference is that bzflag.norang.ca take like 3 pages of the server list - which is a good number of BZ Servers.

Doesn't Thumper have some sort of player limit for all of his servers, so his internet doesn't lag to much? Yea, 3 pages of servers is good, perhaps to good. Maybe the Server list in BZFlag should have a tree, so that a specific address, like bzflag.norang.ca only takes up one spot, then you click on it, and it expands the list of bzflag.norang.ca servers/ports.
Mostly Harmless!
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Mostly Harmless! »

Ice Wewe

That would be hard to navigate.
Last edited by Mostly Harmless! on Fri Dec 16, 2005 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

I never make stupid mistakes. Only very, very clever ones.
It is not the fall that kills you. It's the sudden stop at the end.
Always remember you are unique. Just like everybody else.
Ice Wewe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Ice Wewe »

Mostly Harmless! wrote:Ice Wewe

That would be had to navigate.

Why would it be hard? You just hit return on the compressed server list, and the server and its server ports would pop up as a sub menu, to get back to the main server menu, just press Esc. Also, I'm assuming you meant hard when you said 'had'.
Mostly Harmless!
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Mostly Harmless! »

I like it as it is. I suppose your version might be included as an option or default option one day...

I never make stupid mistakes. Only very, very clever ones.
It is not the fall that kills you. It's the sudden stop at the end.
Always remember you are unique. Just like everybody else.
Ice Wewe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Ice Wewe »

Mostly Harmless! wrote:I like it as it is. I suppose your version might be included as an option or default option one day...

It would most likely be something you set in Main Menu > Options. That way if you wanted it, you could make it do that, and if you didn't you didn't have to live with it. Boy, if I had any say over what got set as an option or not, we'd probably have an Options menu that was several pages long by now!
joevano
General
General

Post by joevano »

OK. Here is a semi- authoritive response to Tanner's question (I am a SRADMIN on the servers).

The server for bzflag.norang.ca is in Toronto, Canada and is owned by Thumper. Currently we are hosting 25 maps (+ 2 for testing), but could have as many as 34 running at a time (with currect configuration). The server sits on a cable modem (6Mbs download/800Mbs upload). The upload speed is the limiting factor. At 25 users the lag starts getting bad. We have had as many as 35 players on our maps at one time. When our server starts getting busy (i think it is currently 18 players) all of the map servers that do not have players on the shutdown automatically (scripts written by Thumper). When everyone is gone the servers that wen down, start up again. We host all those maps, so that players can decide what map they want to play, we provide the selection they do the picking. We do not have to do rotations, or anything like that. All of our maps are played on a very regular basis. We log all server activity (chats, commands, server messages) and they are regulary checked.

The http://bzflag.norang.ca website gives a list of all of our current servers, their status (up, down, etc) and who is currently playing on them. Much more info is available to admins on the website.[/b]
brad2901
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by brad2901 »

donny_baker wrote:6Mbs download/800Mbs upload
Are you sure about that? Heh. :)
Ice Wewe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Ice Wewe »

brad2901 wrote:
donny_baker wrote:6Mbs download/800Mbs upload
Are you sure about that? Heh. :)
Yea. Win Xp has the same service. It's the same as what was stated.
joevano
General
General

Post by joevano »

Oops, that shoud be... 800kbs :oops: Thats why it was semi-authoritve :)