simple variable question

Place for people to discuss public servers, and also for admins to lay out the details of their servers
The Purple Panzer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

simple variable question

Post by The Purple Panzer »

On some servers I've seen some very nice settings for the otherwise useless Machine Gun flag - the shot velocity is up, and the range has been increased. From the web I can't find out what the variables are that control these - I'd like to set some defaults in a map file I'm writing. Could someone let me know, and possibly indicate what those nice values might be? Or point me to a server that is currently running with decent setting?
Ice Wewe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: simple variable question

Post by Ice Wewe »

The Purple Panzer wrote:On some servers I've seen some very nice settings for the otherwise useless Machine Gun flag - the shot velocity is up, and the range has been increased. From the web I can't find out what the variables are that control these - I'd like to set some defaults in a map file I'm writing. Could someone let me know, and possibly indicate what those nice values might be? Or point me to a server that is currently running with decent setting?

Save the map from the client, then open it in a text editor, there are the -set options at the top, take a look at those.
trepan
Dev Wizard
Dev Wizard

Post by trepan »

try the /diff command (if your client is new enough to have it)
Mostly Harmless!
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Mostly Harmless! »

I think that the variables are _mGunAdVel,_mGunAdRate,_mGunAdLife.
Correct me if I'm wrong.

I never make stupid mistakes. Only very, very clever ones.
It is not the fall that kills you. It's the sudden stop at the end.
Always remember you are unique. Just like everybody else.