Jump feel and the old turkey map

Place for people to discuss public servers, and also for admins to lay out the details of their servers

Jump feel and the old turkey map

Post by Guest »

turkey has been running the old turkey map.....whatever its name may be.....i noticed i am having a lot of trouble adjusting to the height and distance my tank jumps.....

anyone else seeing this?

is it the some framerate issue on my wiz bang computer here?

have i begun the long descent over the cliff of mental stability?

did gasaraki really mess my mind up, or was it reading Crime and Punishment over the weekend?

(...or was it reading Fibers diatribe on the legitimacy of legallizing drugs....)
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Someone on Turkey said that some of the platform heights were changed in that version of the map. I'm not sure of this.. but I'm sure someone knows. :)

By the way, the map is called "Modified MadCity".
Dervish
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Dervish »

I haven't noticed anything strange with the map. However, this version of Mad City is using the original platform heights, which makes camping that much easier. Good thing kp didn't put SW flags in, or tanks would SW camp on top of the teleporters up there.
protected object myTank(){
foreach(noob in this.game){return frag(noob);}}
Fiberchunks
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Fiberchunks »

diatribe?

diatribe

\Di"a*tribe\ (?; 277), n. [L. diatriba a learned discussion, Gr. ?, prop., a wearing away of time, fr. ? to rub away, spend time; dia` through + ? to rub: cf. L. terere, F. trite: cf. F. diatribe.] A prolonged or exhaustive discussion; especially, an acrimonious or invective harangue; a strain of abusive or railing language; a philippic.

The ephemeral diatribe of a faction. --John Morley.

Source: Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary, © 1996, 1998 MICRA, Inc.

hmph. whatever you say. :roll:

Peace
Fiber

Post by Guest »

fiber...hahah..

yeah.....i have real issues jumping on this map.....feels like its using moon gravity instead of earth gravity........i float.....oh well....have to learn to deal with it.