The Official (B)(P)(F)(L)(A)(G) Server

Place for people to discuss public servers, and also for admins to lay out the details of their servers
ajh60
Private First Class
Private First Class

The Official (B)(P)(F)(L)(A)(G) Server

Post by ajh60 »

i have finally got a server up an running. on my (dont laugh) 256k connection :oops: :cry:

Address:
Port:

**************NO LAGWARN****************
i belive eery 1 should have a chance to play bzflag eaven 56kers

**********SWEARING ACCEPTED************
you are allowed 2 swear on my servers

also kan you tell me who made this map and the name (i call it mario kart)?
Attachments
mariokart.bzw
the map.....
(244.35 KiB) Downloaded 84 times
A Meteorite
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by A Meteorite »

ajh60 wrote:**************NO LAGWARN****************
i belive eery 1 should have a chance to play bzflag eaven 56kers
That can make it very difficult to shoot anyone with 1000ms lag. That is saying they are 1 second behind where you think they are. I would at least cap it at 750ms which is fine for most dial-up users unless they are downloading something. :lol-old:
ajh60 wrote:**********SWEARING ACCEPTED************
you are allowed 2 swear on my servers
If you are going that far you might want to think about starting a Planet MoFo server... just a thought.
Owner @ BZFX
Core Admin @ CAN

Email me: bzmet…@gmail.com
RPG
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by RPG »

Nah, there's already too many mofo servers going around. Let him be unique.

That map is called Time Trials by LouMan.
ajh60
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ajh60 »

should ave been called mario kart, im not such good map maker but if some one could edit so that theres a teleporter just on top of the banner at the start so you go thru a teleporter and it drops you onto the track. also for the devs if you could create a mode like like ctf or ffa but it is called race an it lets u define objects on the map eg start stop checkpoint etc... i whould really appreciate it.
1veedo
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by 1veedo »

Although they kidn of lag around, I like the mofo servers cause they dont use censorship. I just dont get why half the servers employ "kid-friendly" rules. Big deal.
1veedo (libcurl.so.2) I have version 3!
I_Died_Once
Special Forces
Special Forces

Post by I_Died_Once »

Eeek.

True, Planet MoFo doesn't do censorship at all - but that alone is not grounds to consider oneself a part of our network. Not that the thread starter here is trying to do that - just clarifying. Planet MoFo will have a thread of its own here to make an "announcement" soon as we are actively gearing up towards it.

But I will go along and say that %99 of the server that do have a bad word policy - they always end up being overbearing about it. Like, I believe the word "would" is clocked at viper's. Once, after capping a flag, I said "I would like to thank the Nobel academy" but with "would" being on their swear list, it came out as "I *$%*$ like to thank the Nobel Academy" - and I think Moto Unit had a personal crisis right then and there on the spot. No vulgar intent, just an overactive list, and an admin that is too ancy to still still without /banning or /kicking people.

congrats on your server, ajh60. I'll make a point to check you out.
...This has been a recording.