Hashmark admin

Place for people to discuss public servers, and also for admins to lay out the details of their servers
snike
Private First Class
Private First Class

Hashmark admin

Post by snike »

Ok, this guy named shaved ape calls me a noob cuz i asked how he got me, and i say i that i'm not a noob, he argues with me and so i respond back. I will not take people just callin me crap lightly. So in response for me sticking up for myself, he bans me. Hashmark is a great server, but if the admins are gonna be immature and expect people to just hold them to the status of God. Than too bad. I always used to brag to ppl on cs because bzflag is such a community, but it seems as if I may have to stop.... :(
Snike (aka simple man)
Simplicity is really not that simple.
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

moved to servers forum
ImageJeffM

Post by Guest »

at times like these, and although i would expect you to represent your case in an honest manner, i would like to see a transcript of the conversation. otherwise, a topic like this turns into a flame post and is not really productive.

hashmark does have a dedicated topic, and if you want to challenge your banning, i would expect that you could PM or post there.

in reality, the server owners are gods, since they are spending time and money to bring these free servers to the bz world. if there is a govenmental sponsered server out there, i would argue for your appeal.

i hope you find a resolution to your problem.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

I would have to agree that the ban is unfair (under those circumstances). One of my buds got banned from Hashmark for complaining about lag. :( I've never had a personal problem with the admins there... so I dunno. I hope it all works out okay Snike. :)

P.S. Bagheera- I'd say Snike is handling this just fine. He hasn't been rude or anything.. and that is what usually starts a flame.
orchid
Dev Godess
Dev Godess

Post by orchid »

I belive this is advertised on the server, if you have issues
you can go to irc.hashmark.net #bzflag
Dervish
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Dervish »

Wow, Bagheera. You mean to say you and I actually agree on something?

Good point, I couldn't of put it any better. :) Bans based upon how someone reacted in messages is subjective if it doesn't revolve around something obvious, like profanity, obscenities, or outright abuse.

snike, if what you say is without bias, then yes, I'd say you were banned unfairly. However, none of us were there. :( It is their server after all, and the community really has no power over it regardless of how much someone complains.

All we can do is "feel your pain".
protected object myTank(){
foreach(noob in this.game){return frag(noob);}}
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Dervish DuKot wrote:All we can do is "feel your pain".
Does this mean that we're all going to go get ourselves banned from Hashmark in protest? ;) LoL!
Legolas
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Legolas »

I have been banned fom Hashmark for telling people not to swear!
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Okay...... now that is just flat out stupid. Banned for telling people not to swear?! Sorry Hashmark admins- some of us don't like seeing that stuff. Please get a world filter or something. :(
megachirops
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by megachirops »

Legolas wrote:I have been banned fom Hashmark for telling people not to swear!
You're kidding!? Must've been the server admin :wink:
"When in doubt, quit"

Post by Guest »

the hashmark god works in mysterious ways.............but for the most part, i think if you resist the temptation to complain/b**ch/moan/and make a general nuisance of yourself, they are pretty fair..................leggy, remember, its not turkey, different set of rules..........thats why there is the silence command.

(dukot actually agreed with me on something...........a software dude agreed with a hardware dude................nooooooooooooo, the sky is falling, the sky is falling...........run for high ground..........bring beer, i'll meet you there)
Legolas
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Legolas »

It was stibnite who did. :(
Legolas
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Legolas »

And then after my dad changed the p address,he told us that kids our age should'nt be on his server! Isn't it pathetic?
megachirops
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by megachirops »

Legolas wrote:And then after my dad changed the p address,he told us that kids our age should'nt be on his server! Isn't it pathetic?
Hash is that bad, eh? (I've only been there a handful of times) BTW, who is the "Hashmark God"?
"When in doubt, quit"
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Stibnite is the server OP. So I supposed Bagheera is referring to him as the "Hashmark god."

Regardless of the rules, someone should NOT be banned for complaining about excessive swearing. That server will just end up being a hangout for losers if this continues. And once again, I will remind you all that Spoogebob comes there pretty frequently.
megachirops
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by megachirops »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:Stibnite is the server OP. So I supposed Bagheera is referring to him as the "Hashmark god."

Regardless of the rules, someone should NOT be banned for complaining about excessive swearing. That server will just end up being a hangout for losers if this continues. And once again, I will remind you all that Spoogebob comes there pretty frequently.
I suppose that a "garbage" server away from the "civilized" servers would be good.. that way all the garbage players will be separate from us :lol-old:
"When in doubt, quit"
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

I'm not sure I'd call them "garbage"... more like... "riff-raff".. or "rabble"... LoL. J/k. ;) It is nice to have places where rude people don't bother you. That's why I like CTF more now.... there are less of 'em that play that game style. :)
Dervish
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Dervish »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:...CTF.... there are less of 'em that play that game style [rude people]
So true. It's one of the only things that attracts me to CTF. The other is the promotion of teamwork. Otherwise CTF is a bit boring compared to all the play dynamics of jumping and flags (still, 10-shot server configs is lame).

Hmmm, CTF with one shot, all flags, and jumping and ricochet on by default. Now, that would be fun! :)
protected object myTank(){
foreach(noob in this.game){return frag(noob);}}
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

I like the action in CTF actually. You get a whole lot better at close combat. :)

Post by Guest »

yeah, expound on the virtues of the one shot.............

grumble, grumble, bunch of lag-ers..........
snike
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by snike »

sry guys, i know it sounded kinda flamish, but i tried to wait my 24 hour cooling period, i didn't think to take a screen shot :(
but no worries, its all over now, i can access hashmark again!!! yay! so its all good. =)

edited to add this:
Well before i was able to get back on, i did read to try #bzflag. i waited there for a couple hours, but no avail. (i didn't actually stare at it waiting, i went off and did other things with an alarm set). =). oh well, like i said its all good!
Simplicity is really not that simple.
Merry
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Merry »

I saw shaved ape on today! Right when I was playing, but he was on secretplace.
The secret to flying is to throw yourself at the ground and miss.