"Server Not Found" or "Start Server, Trying..

Place for people to discuss public servers, and also for admins to lay out the details of their servers
Tankie
Private First Class
Private First Class

"Server Not Found" or "Start Server, Trying..

Post by Tankie »

Sometimes after I search for available servers I'll try to join the game but it will just say "Server not found".

Maybe my subnet was banned but it would be nice to let a player know that they were banned instead of leaving them in the dark with nonsense error messages.

If the "server could not be found", then why does it show up in the list of available servers. Obviously the server WAS found if it shows up in the list.

And sometimes why does it say "Start Server Trying..." forever....

When I can join any other game.

How does a player tell if his subnet was banned?
tw1sted
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by tw1sted »

if you put your computer to sleep, or just turned it on, it takes a while to connect to your network. BZFlag needs an internet connection to run, so if you join to quickly and your computer might not had enough time to connect to your netwrok.

It also happens randomly to me sometimes, so just quit BZ and try again.

It will also tell you if you were banned
Tankie
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Tankie »

I have been playing on this particular game server for many hours within the past couple of days. And now all of the sudden I can't connect to the server

"Boxy War, Laser Sniping!!! ;-)" (bz.bpa.nu)

This is so odd because I can connnect to any other server and play, but this one is giving me the "Server Not Found" message. I was never banned, and I am even using my registered callsign.

[img]
Attachments
not found.JPG
(98.44 KiB) Downloaded 11 times
servers.JPG
(146.23 KiB) Downloaded 13 times
JPT
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by JPT »

Try to ping the adress.

If you can't resolv it, it's a problem of the DNS-Server
The Knights Who Say Ni
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by The Knights Who Say Ni »

also it might just have benn a chaced result if the server had gone down suddenly
Sig Made By AlliedArmour

TGPH
Winny
Grouchy
Grouchy

Post by Winny »

Tankie wrote:I have been playing on this particular game server for many hours within the past couple of days. And now all of the sudden I can't connect to the server

"Boxy War, Laser Sniping!!! ;-)" (bz.bpa.nu)

This is so odd because I can connnect to any other server and play, but this one is giving me the "Server Not Found" message. I was never banned, and I am even using my registered callsign.

[img]
Somone managed t find out the server password and shut it down, that would be why.