Need Help with server

Place for people to discuss public servers, and also for admins to lay out the details of their servers
hookah
Private First Class
Private First Class

Need Help with server

Post by hookah »

Where is location of Tracker??? i mean where are all servers registered?
joevano
General
General

Post by joevano »

Well I think you are asking: "Where do I go to register a server?". The answer is that you don't. The servers register themselves or not based on the information in your maps config file.
hookah
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by hookah »

donny_baker wrote:Well I think you are asking: "Where do I go to register a server?". The answer is that you don't. The servers register themselves or not based on the information in your maps config file.

but when i do config file it alwasy asks for Use Public List server to
when i run bzfs
sussi
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by sussi »

did u read the bzflag wiki? http://bzflag.org/wiki/CreatingAServer
Using the switch -public ...... tells the server to publish itself on the serverlist. If no -public than not.
BinarySpike
Corporal
Corporal

Post by BinarySpike »

Janis you don't need to put that... only sometimes you need to, if your server is not registering and you are using -public and you are windows then you could try that...

BZFlag has defaults for most everything, for example the default port is 5154, so if you don't supply a port with -p then you use 5154 ;-) and the normal list server is the default ;-)

If you need to register to a non-default list server then you go ahead and do that.

(for those of you who want to know how to setup a list server... the bzfsl is in the source code ;-))
joevano
General
General

Post by joevano »

BinarySpike wrote:If you need to register to a non-default list server then you go ahead and do that.
But that wasn't the question... :p
hookah
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by hookah »

BinarySpike wrote:Janis you don't need to put that... only sometimes you need to, if your server is not registering and you are using -public and you are windows then you could try that...

BZFlag has defaults for most everything, for example the default port is 5154, so if you don't supply a port with -p then you use 5154 ;-) and the normal list server is the default ;-)

If you need to register to a non-default list server then you go ahead and do that.

(for those of you who want to know how to setup a list server... the bzfsl is in the source code ;-))

I use MAC and thanks i try it too!