Bladlanders' Eria Ziel map is back

Place for people to discuss public servers, and also for admins to lay out the details of their servers
Post Reply
Deadalot
Private First Class
Private First Class
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2005 8:20 am
Location: Orlando, Florida

Bladlanders' Eria Ziel map is back

Post by Deadalot » Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:10 am

0.bladica.com:5156 is once again hosting the Eria Ziel map by w00t!

If you'll remember, I got whacked with a $300 bandwidth overcharge a year ago April which forced me to shut down the Bladlander Eria Ziel map. Well, I moved my colo server this week to a new colo using a new server.

Server specs: Compaq DL-580 server with 4 x PIII Xeon, 4G ram, 100G raid 5 array and a 25 mbit connection. Power to spare, bandwidth to spare.

Enjoy!

Green Manalishi
Private First Class
Private First Class
Posts: 586
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2004 5:54 pm
Location: Badgerking's, Mystic Valley, Overdoze, Eria Ziel, Stalingrad, Clay Hills, Urban Jungle

Post by Green Manalishi » Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:09 pm

this is one of the best ffa maps with lots of different cool buildings and structures in it (including a crystal camping pyramid). highly recommended to anyone who likes this type of maps (badgerking's, mad city, fox burrow etc).
deadalot, i think 5 shots instead of 10 would give people better chances of dodging bullets instead of having to jump most of the time. also, as you agreed the mg range has to be longer to make it an actually good flag. other than that everything was perfect when i was playing today, including lags and the auto-flag reset.

Deadalot
Private First Class
Private First Class
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2005 8:20 am
Location: Orlando, Florida

Post by Deadalot » Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:05 pm

Green Manalishi wrote:this is one of the best ffa maps with lots of different cool buildings and structures in it (including a crystal camping pyramid). highly recommended to anyone who likes this type of maps (badgerking's, mad city, fox burrow etc).
deadalot, i think 5 shots instead of 10 would give people better chances of dodging bullets instead of having to jump most of the time. also, as you agreed the mg range has to be longer to make it an actually good flag. other than that everything was perfect when i was playing today, including lags and the auto-flag reset.
Sometimes, people are surprised by the auto flag reset, but I like it to spread out the flags. It runs a "flag reset unused" every 15 minutes on the 15.

The map has been set to 5 shots, Machine Gun range has been extended and burrow has more maneuverability.

See ya there.

User avatar
A Vicious Muffin
Private First Class
Private First Class
Posts: 534
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 12:25 am
Location: Drury Lane

Post by A Vicious Muffin » Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:10 pm

Hmm...never heard of it, but i like all styles of play, so i will probably try it out! See you there!
Image

Green Manalishi
Private First Class
Private First Class
Posts: 586
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2004 5:54 pm
Location: Badgerking's, Mystic Valley, Overdoze, Eria Ziel, Stalingrad, Clay Hills, Urban Jungle

Post by Green Manalishi » Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:32 am

Deadalot wrote:Sometimes, people are surprised by the auto flag reset, but I like it to spread out the flags. It runs a "flag reset unused" every 15 minutes on the 15.

The map has been set to 5 shots, Machine Gun range has been extended and burrow has more maneuverability.

See ya there.
yeah, thanks! burrow with better maneuver is good news too. i had forgotten to mention it.
A Vicious Muffin wrote:Hmm...never heard of it, but i like all styles of play, so i will probably try it out! See you there!
it's a classic map which hasn't been hosted since a long time. see you there too.

User avatar
BinarySpike
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 735
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:58 pm
Contact:

Post by BinarySpike » Mon Oct 30, 2006 2:36 am

One of the first maps I played, along with Spiral Zone and Babel.

This map is *great* although any players that used to play this map that went into the league and never lost their skillz... they tend to pwnz... I remember some of the old vets of that map joined and I pwned them into the dirt... they showed me some awesome tricks too :-D but ducati dodging rules there.

User avatar
elem3nt
Private First Class
Private First Class
Posts: 60
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:25 pm
Location: Dallas, TX

Post by elem3nt » Sat Dec 02, 2006 5:12 am

*comes out from lurking*

Congrats on getting the server back up and running. It was one of my favs and thought it was there for good... but then one day, poof! I remember the thread when it went down and I tried to host it (unsuccessfully for lack of bandwidth) for a little while.

Laser sniping from either the elevated platform or the transparent pyramid was great.... until that guy with super bullet or SW came along... BTW SW in the skinny building just next to the transparent pyramid was nearly invincible... oh man this map brings back memories... :D
Image

Green Manalishi
Private First Class
Private First Class
Posts: 586
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2004 5:54 pm
Location: Badgerking's, Mystic Valley, Overdoze, Eria Ziel, Stalingrad, Clay Hills, Urban Jungle

Post by Green Manalishi » Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:30 pm

the eria ziel map is back up and running. you can access it from: linuxceptional.com:5156 it's still deadalot who's hosting it.

Post Reply