weird sound in Ubuntu

NOTE: this is an informal bug post place ONLY. Real bugs should be posted on GitHub
Mets
Private First Class
Private First Class

weird sound in Ubuntu

Post by Mets »

hey guys,

I recently installed Ubuntu, and of course, one of the first things I did was re-download BZFlag. I was really surprised, however, to find that the sound is just flat out awful. It's muffled, muted, and seriously distorted. A far cry from what I have been use to. Does anybody know why this might be, and how I can fix it? I have no problems at all playing music or videos, watching YouTube, etc. The sound works fine in, literally, every case except this game.

Mets
Waistless
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Waistless »

Sorry to bump a month old thread, but I'm getting the same problem!

I recently used "wubi" to set up a dual boot for windows and Kubuntu, and got vid drivers. etc. BZFlag works nicely, I can even use it with beryl :D , but I can't seem to get the sound working properly.I've got creative onboard sound and I'm using the ALSA sound drivers which came installed on ubuntu.

Also I noticed in the bzflag audio options that the driver and device options are left blank, am I meant to put something there?
Could this tank perhaps go a little bit faster, so it's not being overtaken by stationary objects.
"Words in parentheses can (not) be ignored." -Unknown