Missing Lines in HUD and Radar on Ubuntu 7.10

NOTE: this is an informal bug post place ONLY. Real bugs should be posted on GitHub
Mac Rep
Private First Class
Private First Class

Missing Lines in HUD and Radar on Ubuntu 7.10

Post by Mac Rep »

I just upgraded to Ubuntu 7.10, made a make clean and make disclean. Ran ./configure --enable-optimized and compiled and installed like I did on 7.04 before. I compiled 2.0.10rc3. The mouse box and the radar box are both missing the left and bottom lines.

I didn't have the problem with 2.0.10rc3 under Ubuntu 7.04. After upgrading to 7.10 the 2.0.10rc3 showed this problem so that's why I compiled again in 7.10.

I'm sure this is a problem that's originating somewhere in Ubuntu, but maybe someone already knows a workaround or can tell me whther or not to open a bug in sourceforge.
<hr>
Mac Rep is a Raga Man
joevano
General
General

Post by joevano »

Video driver issue, maybe?
There is nothing worse than aggressive stupidity. -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
"How many legs does a dog have if you call his tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg." -- Abraham Lincoln
Mac Rep
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Mac Rep »

Maybe... What can I do to verify?
<hr>
Mac Rep is a Raga Man
Macrosoft
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Macrosoft »

and if using an lcd monitor, try setting to native resolution
gazz: A bullet may have your name on it, but shrapnel is addressed "to whom it may concern".
http://bash.org/?785529
Mac Rep
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Mac Rep »

Macrosoft wrote:and if using an lcd monitor, try setting to native resolution
It is LCD (Laptop) and I didn't change the resolution. But in order to verify, I checked and it is native. I also switched it to a lower resolution just to see whether or not they might appear. They didn't.
<hr>
Mac Rep is a Raga Man
a flea
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by a flea »

I have a similar problem with BZflag on my other PC ever since I upgraded it to Gutsy Gibbon (7.10). The missing lines come back after a few minutes of playing the game on it.

What graphics card do you have?
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

I have run BZFlag 2.0.8 successfully on Ubuntu 7.10 using the proprietary drivers from the Ubuntu repository with an nVidia Go 7600GT. I have Compiz Fusion fully enabled. (desktop cube, wobbly windows, etc)
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)