Could someone give me some advice?

NOTE: this is an informal bug post place ONLY. Real bugs should be posted on GitHub
Zaireeka
Private First Class
Private First Class

Could someone give me some advice?

Post by Zaireeka »

When I play the 2.0.10 game, it keeps shutting down the game after about 5 minutes or so. I don't know what is causing it, but it's pretty annoying. Does anyone know how I could fix this? Thanks.
joevano
General
General

Post by joevano »

Do you mean the screen keeps minimizing? Or is the game crashing?

If it's minimizing, it is usually something to do with your anti-virus software. Please give us some more info, such as your OS, video card, virus software, and which of these two problems it is. Then maybe we can give you some good advice...
There is nothing worse than aggressive stupidity. -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
"How many legs does a dog have if you call his tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg." -- Abraham Lincoln
Zaireeka
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Zaireeka »

Sure. It's not minimizing, no. It's just crashing. The computer keep going on fine, but the game crashes.

I'm working on a Windows XP OS, I don't know what video card it is (but I'm assuming it isn't great as it's the one that came with the computer) and the anti-virus software I'm using is the Norton Secruity (Which also probably isn't too strong as it's just the one that came with my internet package).
joevano
General
General

Post by joevano »

Well the first thing we need to do is identify your graphics card and get the most recent drivers. You can do that by right-clicking on 'My Computer' and selecting 'Manage'. Click on 'Device Manager' in the left pane, and then click the '+' sign next to 'Display Adapters'. You should see your video card listed there. Go out to the manufacturers web site and get the most recent drivers and see if that fixes your problem.

If you don't know where to look for the most recent drivers, it would be good for you to use Google. Or..... You can post what your card is here and then I can point you in the correct direction, too.
There is nothing worse than aggressive stupidity. -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
"How many legs does a dog have if you call his tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg." -- Abraham Lincoln
Zaireeka
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Zaireeka »

Sorry, but after thinking that's worked, it appears I was wrong.
My video card is 'NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GS' and I updated the driver to 'ForceWare Release 163'.
Zaireeka
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Zaireeka »

I've also found that reinstalling the game does not help.
Grace F
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Grace F »

I don't know much, so I'm just throwing this out there. Could this be a hardware issue? Motherboard perhaps? I have some issues with my computer, when you get down to it it's all because of the motherboard.
Zaireeka
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Zaireeka »

I don't think so, as I recently had my computer in the shop because it wouldn't start up. They thought it might have been the motherboard, but there was nothing wrong with it. Turned out the on button was bust.