guided missile, player1, stealth

NOTE: this is an informal bug post place ONLY. Real bugs should be posted on GitHub
jbennyh
Private First Class
Private First Class

guided missile, player1, stealth

Post by jbennyh »

three of play rabbit and we have found with 1.9.9 beta that the first person in the world gets stealth for the entire game. in other words they can't be locked on by other players that have the guided missle. can anyone else confirm before I post this as a bug?

thanks

ben
widowmaker
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by widowmaker »

Please explain a little more. Do you mean that they continue to have the stealth effects even after they have dropped the flag?
jbennyh
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by jbennyh »

the first player seems to just have stealth, regardless of whether they pick up the stealth flag or not. it is an inate quality. you can lock on them, but the missile doesn't hit the tank unless they run into it. from the shooters point of view, the missles seem to curve away at the last moment. from the first player's point of view, the missles fly right by.
Ben Hohman
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

If you can lock onto them and see them on the radar, then that's not stealth. If the target is moving perpendicular to the direction of the GM, the missile can't turn fast enough to hit them. With the high speed flag, it is even easier to avoid being hit.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

larsl
Dev Monkey
Dev Monkey

Post by larsl »

This was a bug, it has been fixed in CVS and should be gone in next release (1.10.2).