Bug?

NOTE: this is an informal bug post place ONLY. Real bugs should be posted on GitHub
War Pig
Private First Class
Private First Class

Bug?

Post by War Pig »

Last night I hit pause to go take care of some business (ahem), and when I came back, I was dead. I hit the respawn and when I respawned, I was back in the game but everyone else was paused. Chat was still rolling, and the game was still going on. I could drive around the whole map, I could see where the other team hid their flag, but I couldn't pick it (or any other flag) up. Happened three seperate times. Anyone ever see this happen?

Bro
A Meteorite
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by A Meteorite »

Yes, you went not responding. They are not paused. They just have the same little black globe around them.

This is a known problem with certain routers. As for why, I don't think it is certain, but it is related to how certain routers handle TCP and UDP after long durations of inactivity.
Owner @ BZFX
Core Admin @ CAN

Email me: bzmet…@gmail.com
ts
Dev Monkey
Dev Monkey

Post by ts »

After long durations of inactivity?

I had this only two times at one day ever and the nr thing happened in the mid of playing. My tank wasn't even dead, I was driving on the ground and shooting, then it happened.

All were nr and all 5 - 10 seconds all stopped being nr, I got the messages and updated coords of tanks then all were nr again.

Reconnected to server (no ISP disconnect) and all worked again until 15 minutes later it came back. Disconnected to ISP..established new connection and no problems for the rest of the day.

...and I got no clue why and what happened at all.
GU league: http://www.guleague.org/
An introduction to TCP: http://www.lafkon.net/tc/
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

The reason you were dead might have been due to a genocide.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

knoxcorner
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by knoxcorner »

blast wrote:The reason you were dead might have been due to a genocide.
Or possibly your opposing team captured your flag.