Bzf on windows vista

NOTE: this is an informal bug post place ONLY. Real bugs should be posted on GitHub
Monster
Private First Class
Private First Class

Bzf on windows vista

Post by Monster »

I've downloaded the 2.0.10 version to my notebook. Although it runs it's always very slow. Even the serverlist appears slowly. When i connect to any server i feel like I would get only one picture per second... Is that a known problem and how to fix it!?
If I posted in the wrong forum please tell me where to post. I'm sry ;)
mfg M.
Winny
Grouchy
Grouchy

Post by Winny »

That is a problem with your video card drivers. You need to get the newer/correct drivers.

Without additional information such as laptop, model, etc, we can't help you.
macsforme
General
General

Post by macsforme »

When you first open your client, BZFlag will tell you what graphics driver is in use. You should get a screen similar to this:

The purple "OpenGL Driver" listing is what we're interested in.

If your drivers are properly configured, you might try navigating to the display settings menu and setting the quality to "High". Some cards don't seem to like the "Medium" and "Low" graphics quality settings.
Attachments
info.png
info.png (43.41 KiB) Viewed 2886 times
Monster
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Monster »

my Open GL Diver is : GDI Generic
Quality is high but everything's still slow :(
Ty for answering :)
DTRemenak
General
General

Post by DTRemenak »

GDI Generic means that you don't have an OpenGL ICD installed, so it's falling back to Microsoft's software renderer. You need to install correct drivers.
Monster
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Monster »

oh ok :oops:
ty ^^
how can i find thecorrect drivers?
joevano
General
General

Post by joevano »

What video card do you have?

So you need to know how to find out...

Open Device Manager by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Maintenance, and then clicking Device Manager.‌ Administrator permission required If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation. Look for an item titled "Display adapters", and click the + sign next to it. Listed will be the display adapter(s) on your system.

Armed with that information, you can then go to the manufacturer's web site and get the latest drivers for it. If you aren't sure where or which ones to download feel free to post what your graphics card is and we can point you in the right direction.
Last edited by joevano on Mon May 05, 2008 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is nothing worse than aggressive stupidity. -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
"How many legs does a dog have if you call his tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg." -- Abraham Lincoln
Monster
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Monster »

Hey I'm really really happy that the Bzflag community is so nice :)
i found the website and I'll try to download a driver when I'm back home :)
Thank you for your help !
with friendly greets^^ niko
Monster
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Monster »

hey I wasn't able to solve the problem and therefore I dcided to post my video card informations. I hope someone can help me to find the right driver !?
I got a : ATI Mobility Radeon X1400

Ty for your help

M.
joevano
General
General

Post by joevano »

This is from the ATI site:

Mobility Radeon™ Support for Windows Vista

Currently AMD does not provide any driver support for Mobility Radeon™ products. All driver and technical support for Mobility Radeon™ products is provided by the original laptop or notebook manufacturer. The drivers that are available for download at ati.amd.com are for desktop products only.

To download Windows Vista Mobility Radeon™ drivers or driver updates for your laptop or notebook product, please visit your laptop or notebook manufacturer's website.
SO, I guess now we need to know the model and manufacturer of your laptop...
"How many legs does a dog have if you call his tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg." -- Abraham Lincoln
Monster
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Monster »

It's a Fujitsu Siemens Computers Laptop, working with an Intel Core Duo CPU / T2350 @ 1.86GHz 1.87GHz / 2046 MB (RAM) / 32 Bit
joevano
General
General

Post by joevano »

Well since you didn't tell me us the model of the laptop (just the specs, so I am guessing a Lifebook A6020) here is the closest I can get you...
http://support.fujitsupc.com/CS/Portal/ ... srch=model

in the select product drop down choose... 'Notebook PC', in the select series choose 'A Series" and in the Select Model drop down choose 'A6020'. Towards the bottom (not the XP driver at the bottom) you will see 'Video - Intel 945GM '. Download that and install it.
Monster
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Monster »

Hey donny,
I downloaded "Video - Intel 945GM". But when i try to install, the following message appears: "Fault: this system doesn't fullfill the minimum requieries for the softwear-installation Setup is ended" (mb bad translation ;))
So what to do?

PS: I think it's an "Amilo Pi 1536"
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

Monster wrote:PS: I think it's an "Amilo Pi 1536"
Ah, good. Anyway, go here:
http://support.fujitsu-siemens.com/com/ ... loads.html

Use the drop downs to find your notebook model. Then, after that, you can pick the OS, and obtain drivers for your system.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

Monster
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Monster »

ok i used the side and downloaded the driver. After the installation i deleted bzflag and downloaded it again. It's still using the GDI Generic and not my video card :(
Is there any possibility in the options or anything?
:?: ...