Observer Bug

NOTE: this is an informal bug post place ONLY. Real bugs should be posted on GitHub
PlasticTank
Private First Class
Private First Class

Observer Bug

Post by PlasticTank »

A while back I was playing on the airfield server, when I noticed something strange. A observer that was roaming showed up on my radar and in the HUD. It had no texture, but was a cyan (light blue) color, unlike the color of the rabbit in rabbit hunt servers. I was going to take a screen shot, but I died before I could. After re-spawning, it was gone.

Does anyone know what happened?
blast
General
General

Re: Observer Bug

Post by blast »

Observers do not (and can not) send position updates, so I don't see how what you are describing is possible.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

PlasticTank
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by PlasticTank »

I don't know what happened, i just say an observer. I also right clicked while facing the tank. It said "looking at *observer name* "
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

it was probably just some issue with the game packets and it was a player that your client saw as an observer, due to packet loss and the nature of the internet, it CAN happen. bzflag does little CRC on it's data.
ImageJeffM