Here's a couple...

NOTE: this is an informal bug post place ONLY. Real bugs should be posted on GitHub
Gerbil
Private First Class
Private First Class

Here's a couple...

Post by Gerbil »

I got "short shotted" with laser last night. I fired one with no prob--next five shots all went only about half of mg distance.

On CTF world noticed a very slight "lag zone" which seems to come into play only around bases.

I realize this is subjective but I am pretty sure.

If a target is transitting onto or off from a base there is a slight surge of lag that quickly passes though it is barely noticable.
Grumbler
Dev Monkey
Dev Monkey

Post by Grumbler »

I was there last night Gerbil, I didnt quite notice the lag zone, I did notice server lag throughout the red team.......since everybodys ping rates were <200 and yet bullets were flying through people.

As for laser, yes something was really "bogus" about the way it was operating. I fired seven times on the ground without hitting a single teammate. Not that I was trying, just that it seemed reallllllly lucky. I have also noticed with the new textures that laser just doesnt show up as well.

anyhow, just my take on the same match.
.........you kids, get out of my tank...........
Rebel Chik0rita
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Rebel Chik0rita »

not sure if itz a bug , buh could b due to da server host or hidden admin ther at da same time... manipulating da lazer or otha superweapons effects during gameplay... ive seen server hosts do dis to help "even" out teems , where sumtimes da battle seems 1-sided due to mor playerz , or mor experienced playerz , on 1 teem than da other...

so wen a good player iz seen on a killing spree wif sumtin like Genocide or Lazer or SW even , da server host or admin wil do sumtin like dat . itz jus a possible explaination i dunno not makin accusations buh i have seen it happen b4 =P
Legoguy
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Legoguy »

Grumbler wrote: As for laser, yes something was really "bogus" about the way it was operating. I fired seven times on the ground without hitting a single teammate. Not that I was trying, just that it seemed reallllllly lucky. I have also noticed with the new textures that laser just doesnt show up as well.

anyhow, just my take on the same match.
See the bug in this board about that faint laser texture, it can be fixed with a little modifying of source.
"... the reality is that GNU/Linux is a better mousetrap. It wasn't started by any company, it is bigger than any company, it depends on no company, and if they all went out of business tomorrow, it would continue." -Groklaw