Startup bug(?) version 2.0.14

NOTE: this is an informal bug post place ONLY. Real bugs should be posted on GitHub
AD Epoch
Private First Class
Private First Class

Startup bug(?) version 2.0.14

Post by AD Epoch » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:05 am

Since I updated BZ to the latest version I have noticed what I think is a bug. Every time I start BZFlag I loose the port setting from the previous session (even after saving settings explicitly), and instead of the port number is "800 X 600". It doesn't seem to be saving or perhaps restoring this value. Anyone else having this, or is it just me?
Shalom BahShem
Yehoshua, Meshiakh

joevano
General
General

Re: Startup bug(?) version 2.0.14

Post by joevano » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:32 am

Just you... ;-)

Look at the properties of the shortcut you use to start BZ and at the end of "Target" you will probably see "-window 800x600". Add "-geometry" so it looks like this "-window -geometry 800x600" . Some BZ3.0 syntax slipped into the installer.
There is nothing worse than aggressive stupidity. -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
"How many legs does a dog have if you call his tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg." -- Abraham Lincoln

blast
General
General

Re: Startup bug(?) version 2.0.14

Post by blast » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:06 pm

Two options - either tweak your shortcut like joevano said, or download a new installer. I repackaged the installer on Monday (?) night that includes the correct shortcut.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)