Meshbox and Meshed box

NOTE: this is an informal bug post place ONLY. Real bugs should be posted on GitHub
An SQUERRILz
Private First Class
Private First Class

Meshbox and Meshed box

Post by An SQUERRILz »

There are some funny things with meshed boxes and meshboxes.

1) It seems to me like boxes with matrefs and meshboxes are essentially the same in their properties: they are both slightly permeable, and most mesh-type objects with a total width less than 1.91 are fully permeable.

2) As a result of this box to meshed box conversion, it seems to me like there is no easy way to create a non-permeable box if you also need matrefs on the box (anything other than the default).

3) It is possible to utilise a mesh to create a one-way wall that evades the technique of going through thin walls, however as far as I've seen you can't construct two-way (i.e. normal) walls doing this even by doubling up, which means perhaps the client is responsible for all of this tank behaviour.
Last edited by An SQUERRILz on Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
Bullet Catcher
Captain
Captain

Re: Meshbox and Meshed box

Post by Bullet Catcher »

A mesh facade around the outside of a plain box can give the advantages of both. Just be sure to have a small gap between them to prevent flickering. Making the mesh driveThrough will help, too.