How does this happen?

NOTE: this is an informal bug post place ONLY. Real bugs should be posted on GitHub
PhaseShifter
Private First Class
Private First Class

How does this happen?

Post by PhaseShifter »

Someone please explain:

How do I TK with a laser, when I
  • clearly don't have the laser?
  • never fired a shot?
I'm getting sick of having my score lowered (and even being banned from servers) because of this.
strayer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Re: How does this happen?

Post by strayer »

It might be helpful for those who want to reproduce the incident if you say where and when did it happen.
A pessimist is an optimist with experience... ;o)
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

The other player was seemingly having connection issues, and then their connection came back up. So they probably received a burst of all of the messages they hadn't received, including your shots from a laser.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

PhaseShifter
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by PhaseShifter »

This was on the "Angelus rabbit haunt" server last night, just a few minutes before I posted.

If it was another player's connection issues, that is strange--considering I had died at least once since I had the laser flag.

It took me a few seconds to find a flag after I respawned, and the player who was shot was actively moving around the whole time. Then as soon as i grabbed a flag, he mysteriously died from a laser I didn't have.
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

Well, your client said he was not responding because it said he was "okay" just before your laser hit him.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

joevano
General
General

Post by joevano »

And "Angelus rabbit hunt" has had serious lag issues when I have been on.
There is nothing worse than aggressive stupidity. -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
"How many legs does a dog have if you call his tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg." -- Abraham Lincoln