Screenshots of BZFlag Bugs

NOTE: this is an informal bug post place ONLY. Real bugs should be posted on GitHub
PlasticTank
Private First Class
Private First Class

Screenshots of BZFlag Bugs

Post by PlasticTank »

Well, I finally managed screenshots of my favorite BZFlag bugs! Enjoy Everyone!

Observer tank: I posted about this bug about a 2 years ago, and I finally got a screenie. You can't really see it in the HUD because of shrapnel, but the cyan colored tank is clearly visible on the radar.

Object Bug: Sometimes the BZFlag objects just turn into white objects. I don't think this is a BZFlag bug, rather a problem with my video card.
Attachments
bzfi0118.jpg
Observer Tank Screenie
(360.85 KiB) Downloaded 1 time
bzfi0104.jpg
Object Bug Screenie
(403.08 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Cobra_Fast
Dev Monkey
Dev Monkey

Re: Screenshots of BZFlag Bugs

Post by Cobra_Fast »

Your white object bug looks like the textures have gone lost. Try /retexture to get them back :P
mrapple
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by mrapple »

On the first screenie I see you were on Zombies vs. Humans.

One problem that I've only come across once (twice now it looks like) is where the plugin will mess-up and add a person incorrectly.

As you can see here, it added someone to the observer team but forgot to assign any player data to the tank. Hopefully you wont see this again as it's rare.

In the second screenie, Cobra should be right. Try /retexture when that happens.
Cobra_Fast
Dev Monkey
Dev Monkey

Post by Cobra_Fast »

The observer tank bug can also happen when a former observer slot gets used by a tank without the client noticing. This can happen when you put your to standby (S1-S3 states) for example. So your client thinks the observer went playing without joining a playing team (Ro, Re, G, B or P) and shows an observer driving and shooting around. Rejoining the server will fix it in this case.