Maps not saving in 2.4

NOTE: this is an informal bug post place ONLY. Real bugs should be posted on GitHub
Gerbil
Private First Class
Private First Class

Maps not saving in 2.4

Post by Gerbil »

In 2.4 I have tried saving maps by command line and through the gui as both BZW and OBJ and while the display text indicates the world is saved, they are not to be found anywhere on my hard drive. Reverting back to the games previous versions allows me to save in both manners with no issues.

Is it just me?

I'm running the 64-bit version on Windows 7.
Politically correct BZ: A kinder, gentler Guided Missile.
blast
General
General

Re: Maps not saving in 2.4

Post by blast »

You sure it's not just saving it to the new location? Look under C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\BZFlag\worlds\
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

Gerbil
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Maps not saving in 2.4

Post by Gerbil »

Well that could be it. I have '"show hidden folders" enabled and did the windows search but I'll go lookie in person. Thanks. I know that has to be documented but when I haven't read it then it then doesn't count.

Update:
Well sure enough you managed to sneak on my comp and put them there when I wasn't looking so you would seem right. I'm onto you and you better stay outta my office buddy! I'm not sure why Windows isn't seeing them as I have searched other App directories before with no problems. I'm sure you must have done something to make that happen too.
Politically correct BZ: A kinder, gentler Guided Missile.