Tanks drive faster after 10Minutes

NOTE: this is an informal bug post place ONLY. Real bugs should be posted on GitHub
mythos
Private
Private

Tanks drive faster after 10Minutes

Post by mythos »

Hi,

we play at work matches with 15 and 45 minutes in the break in our network. We play the default map 2 vs 2.

Since our colleagues get new laptops (Dell Precision 4200) with Win7 64Bit, iCore7 and 8 GB RAM their tanks start driving faster after aprox. 10-15 minutes playing as ours.

After playing about 30-40 minutes their tank is maybe twice as fast as ours. We use WinXP 32Bit, they use Win7 64Bit-Version. We changed the Server Client (32/64Bit), but that doesnt help.

So the first 15 minutes we score and lead and after that time they start to run over us :rip: due to their lightspeed :shock:

Did anyone else had that problems? I didnt find any solution yet. Ill try the 32Bit Client in XP Mode, for their laptops soon. I am not very firm in bzserver configurations.
blast
General
General

Re: Tanks drive faster after 10Minutes

Post by blast »

Do you have the -handicap option enabled on your server?
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

mythos
Private
Private

Post by mythos »

OMG, i play since 12 years, but didnt see that (for me) new option. I guess thats it...

Thank you very much!
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

If -handicap is enabled, that will make tanks with lower score faster. So if you have that option in your server config, remove it. If you didn't have that, then it's some other issue.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

mythos
Private
Private

Yeah, thats it

Post by mythos »

Yep, the handicap was the problem. Thank you very much!