NR in observer mode

NOTE: this is an informal bug post place ONLY. Real bugs should be posted on GitHub
jh^
Private First Class
Private First Class

NR in observer mode

Post by jh^ »

Hi, i have this problem, if i sit in obs players playing seem to go not responding often, but i know the problem is in my side...i know im not the only one with this problem, but does anyone know reason/solution for this?
It is really annoying if you want to observe a match for example and players go nr...it last usually 20 - 30 secs and then everything becomes normal again. I know my connection is not breaking because i play other online games too without problems and if i play instead of observing, connection stays normal. Another thing, with my old modem i didnt have this problem...this new is supposed to be lot better though.
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Re: NR in observer mode

Post by JeffM »

It's probably your router. Some cheap routers seem to drop the UDP connection when the client doesn't' send any UDP info.
When observing you don't send any movement data.
You can try setting "observerHeartbeat" to 1 in your config. That helps some people, but not all of them.
ImageJeffM
jh^
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: NR in observer mode

Post by jh^ »

Maybe there would be some setting in my router to keep the udp connection...have to find out.