Game goes to desktop like I'm hitting F4 key

NOTE: this is an informal bug post place ONLY. Real bugs should be posted on GitHub
Moto Unit
Private First Class
Private First Class

Game goes to desktop like I'm hitting F4 key

Post by Moto Unit »

While playing gu or duc and using the mouse to maneuver or shoot, my screen will go from the game to the desktop.
Sometimes the desktop menu will pop up on the screen sometimes its just the desktop. Either way its like I minimized
the bz screen like what happens when you hit the F4 key with one exception...my tank is still active and moving on the field
of play unless or until I get shot. This happens randomly but frequently throughout the game. Usually at the most inopportune times
like when dodging shots or running with the flag. I have tried resetting my input settings to default, i have also tried to reinstall
bz all to no effect. This is really driving me nuts. Any help is appreciated in fixing this. Thanks, Moto Unit
blast
General
General

Re: Game goes to desktop like I'm hitting F4 key

Post by blast »

Reinstalling the game does nothing as the configuration does not get removed when you reinstall. My bet is on some outside program stealing focus, but you could try renaming your configuration file first and see if the issue goes away with a clean configuration.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

slime
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by slime »

I think I mentioned this to you in-game one time, but I would really try to disable your antivirus/firewall if you are allowed to, even if just for a few minutes to see if it still occurs. I've known quite a few people who have experienced weird problems with BZ, and disabling their antivirus fixed the issue.
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

I use Avast! antivirus and I've never had that issue. I do see a report from 2009 that AVG had been causing this issue, but it had been fixed.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)