Mac v2.4.4 text scrolling issue

NOTE: this is an informal bug post place ONLY. Real bugs should be posted on GitHub
Agent Dad
Private
Private

Mac v2.4.4 text scrolling issue

Post by Agent Dad »

With version 2.4.4, the text in the radar panel frequently stops scrolling and ends up staying at the top of the text. To get the text to start scrolling again, one has to manually roll the text to the bottom with the mouse scroll wheel. This is only a temporary fix, after a short while the text stops scrolling again.
Zehra
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Mac v2.4.4 text scrolling issue

Post by Zehra »

Agent Dad wrote:With version 2.4.4, the text in the radar panel frequently stops scrolling and ends up staying at the top of the text. To get the text to start scrolling again, one has to manually roll the text to the bottom with the mouse scroll wheel. This is only a temporary fix, after a short while the text stops scrolling again.
I also have the same issue, but it's on Windows 10.(I thought it was only me who had this issue.)
(This occurs some times but not always if I remember correctly.)
(Please note that I'm using BZFlag 2.4.6 RC2.)
Those who are critical of me, I'll likely be the same of them. ~Zehra
The decisions we make are the ones we look forward too and the ones we regret. ~Zehra
There's a difference between knowing my name and knowing me, one shows respect to my name and the other is to who I am. ~Zehra

See where I've last been active at Strayers.
Visit BZList.net for a modern HTML5 server stats site.

Click here to view the 101 Leaderboard & Score Summaries Last updated 2021-01-12 (YYYY-MM-DD)
Latest 101 thread
alezakos
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by alezakos »

In 2.4.4 and 2.4.6, the chat console stops scrolling when it's not fully scrolled down. This makes it easier to read past messages and events, without having to compensate for all the new content added to the console. This behaviour can be disabled by setting the Options > GUI Settings > Auto pause control panel option to Off.

Are you sure you are not accidentally scrolling your console up? I used to find myself doing that often when I dropped a flag (since the scroll wheel of the mouse can scroll the chat panel, and pressing it is assigned to dropping a flag by default), or when I assigned the wheel's "down" direction to the "fire" command. If you find out this is what's happening to you, you can unassign the scroll wheel from the chat panel, by removing the bind "Wheel Up" and bind "Wheel Down" lines from your config file.
Last edited by alezakos on Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bullet Catcher
Captain
Captain

Post by Bullet Catcher »

Sometimes it seems like my mouse wheel has its own hamster inside, because it moves by itself. I now have a habit of scrolling the chat window down during lulls in play.