"command" key issue with newer versions of BzFlag OSX

NOTE: this is an informal bug post place ONLY. Real bugs should be posted on GitHub
mrbean
Private First Class
Private First Class

"command" key issue with newer versions of BzFlag OSX

Post by mrbean »

Hi. There's still the issue with the "command" key that was being used in older versions of BzFlag for the "right click" mouse under OSX. The "Command" key does not simulate right click anymore for Identify/lock on. (I do not have a right click or multi button mouse - never had). I was hoping this get's fixed with the 2.4.12 release. When I clicked and held down the command key “identify/lock on” was activated, now when I do that it doesn’t work and instead of identify/lock on” it does nothing, except for shooting… any suggestions? No, I really do not want to use different key setting for this - I had the described above for more than 10 years LOL :-)
:arrow: and btw... thanks for all your wonderful coding and endless hours of making BzFlag a better place!
Zehra
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: "command" key issue with newer versions of BzFlag OSX

Post by Zehra »

Hi mrbean,

I think you might have better luck reporting this on the issue tracker on GitHub.

Generally I've found this a better and faster way for reporting bugs.
(Although you will need a GitHub account to report them there.)

From BZFlag's README:

Code: Select all

Bug Reports and Support
=======================

For reporting bugs and unexpected behavior, please go to BZFlag bug
tracking system at:

https://github.com/BZFlag-Dev/bzflag/issues

If you require assistance with some issue, please visit the BZFlag
IRC channel at #bzflag at irc.freenode.net

Alternatively, discussion forums are also available for resolving issues.
-Zehra
Those who are critical of me, I'll likely be the same of them. ~Zehra
The decisions we make are the ones we look forward too and the ones we regret. ~Zehra
There's a difference between knowing my name and knowing me, one shows respect to my name and the other is to who I am. ~Zehra

See where I've last been active at Strayers.
Visit BZList.net for a modern HTML5 server stats site.

Click here to view the 101 Leaderboard & Score Summaries Last updated 2021-01-12 (YYYY-MM-DD)
Latest 101 thread
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

He’s talked about it on irc, I believe this post was split here from a posting inside the release thread so it could be addressed individually.
ImageJeffM
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

It had been double posted. I deleted the one that was posted in the 2.4.12 release thread and then moved this one from the "Servers: General Discussion" forum to here.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

macsforme
General
General

Post by macsforme »

mrbean, what you are talking about is a function of SDL 1.2, which we haven't used since our 2.4.2 release. We currently use SDL 2 for our official releases, which doesn't function that way. I wouldn't count on this being available in the future, although I want to look at seeing if we can allow the command key to be bound to functions. However, for the time being, I built you a client that uses SDL 1.2 so you should be able to get your simulated right-click back: https://download.bzflag.org/bzflag/osx/ ... SDL1.2.zip. Please let me know if that works for you.
mrbean
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by mrbean »

macsforme wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:04 am mrbean, what you are talking about is a function of SDL 1.2, which we haven't used since our 2.4.2 release. We currently use SDL 2 for our official releases, which doesn't function that way. I wouldn't count on this being available in the future, although I want to look at seeing if we can allow the command key to be bound to functions. However, for the time being, I built you a client that uses SDL 1.2 so you should be able to get your simulated right-click back: https://download.bzflag.org/bzflag/osx/ ... SDL1.2.zip. Please let me know if that works for you.
Thank you so much!!!!!!
mrbean
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by mrbean »

works like a charm!!!!!!