speedy shots

NOTE: this is an informal bug post place ONLY. Real bugs should be posted on GitHub
ducatiwannabe
Private First Class
Private First Class

speedy shots

Post by ducatiwannabe »

I've noticed some servers with REALLY speedy shots, eventually go goofy. People try to play, and they can see their own bullets, but not their enemy's. And nobody will die or anything. So eventually everybody leaves cause you cant shoot people. And theres not much more u can do in bzflag is there? :)

somebody help me out here?
The Red Baron
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Post by The Red Baron »

What server are you talking about. There is a server that allows anyone to change the settings. The lag is horrible there and I had the same experience. Its not the clients or bzflag persay, its the server.

I'm thinking thats your case here.
Beware! I'm going to clone myself and spread those clones all over the world!
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

I remember when a friend and me were playing around with the shot speed and other settings on his server. Eventually you didn't see other people's shots, cuz the server was canceling them out for some reason. It might have said something about it in the logs, but I never took a look at them. A "/reset *" fixed the problem, IIRC.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

Lan
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Lan »

Servers can change environment variables using /set, like this case.

Probably what happened was the shots were too fast to be seen, and since your own shots are marked as white on radar, yours were easier to track than others.
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

No, even after we reset the shot speed, bullets still didn't show up. There was something else causing an issue too. Not only did we not see each others shots, but we couldn't get hit by them, and they didn't make any sound (firing or rico).
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)