Version 1.11.*!!!

NOTE: this is an informal bug post place ONLY. Real bugs should be posted on GitHub
brad2901
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by brad2901 »

Yes, but will server owners still have the ability to see EVERYTHING players chat in the logs? (passwords...)
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

the login won't be done via normal chat. The login won't even be handled by the game server. The client will login to the master user server, then the game server asks the master server "hey is this guy cool?" when the user logs into the game server. THere are some keys and tokens thrown around for session managmenet, but it won't be done by chat.

At present the Kerbos libary is beeing looked at for authentication.
ImageJeffM
Scorch
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Scorch »

Scorch wrote:ok waht if someone besides me registers my nick in "master karma"?!?!?!
waiting for an answer..? :?
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

Scorch wrote:
Scorch wrote:ok waht if someone besides me registers my nick in "master karma"?!?!?!
waiting for an answer..? :?
I would guess it will be the same/similar thing that happens now when someone registers your nick on a server.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

RPG
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by RPG »

i call RPG!
rr
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by rr »

well.. sounds like im never going to have any karma under that system then. i never play under the same call sign twice. usually, i just hit the keyboard a few times for a nick which produces things along the lines of:

sdgj
rwuoi
nbl
oyre

and play using those. it prevents people form expecting anything from you and hunting you since you are a "good player" or some crap like that. i guess ill just have to reregister with the karma server every few days, or stop playing altogether. ah well, back to chess i suppose.