Teleporter yellow light, and translucent tanks when near TP

NOTE: this is an informal bug post place ONLY. Real bugs should be posted on GitHub
tadd
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Teleporter yellow light, and translucent tanks when near TP

Post by tadd »

re: Version 2.0
Is there any way to change the behavior near teleports? Right now I notice that if my tank is near a teleport I can no longer see because the screen is bright yellow. Also, if a tank is sitting ON a teleport, it is nearly invisible. I'd like a way to change this behavior for my server. This behavior is new since 1.10.8.

Is there such an option?

thanks.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 800 character limit
Scorch
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Scorch »

yeesh! i hate that too!
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

scorch if you can't add anything positive then don't post.

No that color is part of the game, the idea is so you can't see what your porting into and to hide the visual "jump" that would happen on a port.
ImageJeffM
DTRemenak
General
General

Post by DTRemenak »

The behavior is not new, actually. Someone broke it right before 1.10.4 was released, and noone had bothered fixing it until after the start of the 1.11 cycle, so we've had three versions with the wrong behavior. Go download a copy of 1.10.2 or 1.7 and you'll see that it's the same way.
toaster
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by toaster »

Yes, and it's most annoying if you're observer. For instance, if you're riding with a tank and there is a tele on the ground, but the player is on a platform 1000 feet above the tele, you still as observer see a yellow screen, as if you were at ground level. At least, in 1.7 through 1.10.8.
-toaster
"So there I was, all alone, facing all of the enemy. I started driving in circles, until I had them surrounded, and then I escaped in the confusion."
Scorch
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Scorch »

yeah as toaster said, and also enhanced radar shots are displayed as though you are on ground level :'( SO ANNOYING! ;)