Sound problem noted in 2.0.2

NOTE: this is an informal bug post place ONLY. Real bugs should be posted on GitHub
KyleH
Private First Class
Private First Class
Location: Portland, Oregon, USA, Earth, minor Orion Spiral arm, Milky Way Galaxy

Sound problem noted in 2.0.2

Post by KyleH »

The 2.0.2 client has some notable changes in the use of sound. For example, on my Fedora2 system, a fresh make of the 2.0.2 source resulted in a client that reports upon startup "Audio driver : artsc"

Sound does not work well (very choppy.)

I would like to change this to OSS or ALSA under Options but the client refuses to accept this change and upon restart/crash/restart the "Audio driver : artsc" remains unchanged.

My 2.0 install continues to work without error.

I deleted my config file in an attempt to fix the problem. BZFlag then copied an old config I had from 1.x days so I went back and deleted them all. BZFlag created a new config file but still refuses to alter the Audio driver setting as expected.

Does anyone else have this problem?
KyleH
wizard
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by wizard »

Ouch,
Hi KyleH. I just got the same problem. Sound worked flawless. Then I decided to switch from the vanilla linux kernel to the multimedia kernel provided with my distribution and now I'm having sound problems as well.
wizart