Observer mode keys not working

NOTE: this is an informal bug post place ONLY. Real bugs should be posted on GitHub
The Purple Panzer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Observer mode keys not working

Post by The Purple Panzer »

I can't seem to Roam in observer mode anymore, using the shift-, control-, or alt- arrow keys. Is this a known problem in the new version, or is my system screwed up in some locally bizarre manner?

I also haven't been able to get Binoculars to work either, don't know if this is in any way a related problem.
RPG
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by RPG »

To get binoculars you have to bind the 'b' key to binoculars, it wasn't done on default. It's a mere setting in the OPTIONS part of BZFlag.

For observer mode, I have no clue how the new controls work. All I know is that I can't get wherever I want to go, I'll press up, and go nowhere. Then I'll suddenly start zooming out, and I dont want to zoom out! They're pretty whacked. I say just go back to the old observer key bindings.
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

Try resetting the default key mappings. They might have gotten messed up at some point.

As far as the observer controls, to move up, you have to press Shift + Down (no idea why..) and for down you press Shift + Up. Just a little note that might come in handy.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)