Win32's freeze kernel - setup program disappears

NOTE: this is an informal bug post place ONLY. Real bugs should be posted on GitHub
someguy
Private
Private

Win32's freeze kernel - setup program disappears

Post by someguy » Fri May 06, 2005 7:12 pm

I downloaded the Win32's through sourceforge (Germany location) and after I downloaded to the desktop I double clicked to set up the program. I got a Kernel32 error (I'm running Win98) and I tried to delete the program but I didn't see anything happen. After I rebooted the setup program was gone.

There was a Bzflag folder in my program files with a program file of zero size inside it. I deleted that too but wonder what became of the setup program.

Should I be worrying about viruses?

Dervish
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Win32's freeze kernel - setup program disappears

Post by Dervish » Sat May 07, 2005 6:39 am

someguy wrote:...(I'm running Win98)...
Although this in itself isn't the problem, this is a soruce of many problems and security holes that lead to other problems, etc., etc. Any way you can get a Linux, BSD, or Win2k/XP O/S?

Some error messages or more accurate logs of your problem would help ppl here troubleshoot a little more. But yes, from the info you provided, it sounds like you have system corruption or malware/viruses on your system. Try downloading AVG Free (http://free.grisoft.com/freeweb.php).
protected object myTank(){
foreach(noob in this.game){return frag(noob);}}