Trojan Found

NOTE: this is an informal bug post place ONLY. Real bugs should be posted on GitHub
someguy
Private
Private

Trojan Found

Post by someguy »

After downloading Bzflag from the German Mirror (http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/bzfl ... irror=mesh) the computer had problems that necessitated a restart. When I got the desktop back the setup program had disappeared.

Several days later Firefox/gAim stopped working. IE/Aim worked fine though.

I ran Spybot and it discovered a trojan 'Freshbind'.

Spybot successfully removed this trojan and now everything works fine. I've also scanned for viruses with several different scanners... nothing has been found. I'm crossing my fingers.
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

we build those installers ourselves. There is no "trogan" or "spyware" in them at all. More then lilely you had the malware for a while and it just finaly reared its head.
ImageJeffM
someguy
Private
Private

Post by someguy »

JeffM2501 wrote:we build those installers ourselves. There is no "trogan" or "spyware" in them at all. More then lilely you had the malware for a while and it just finaly reared its head.
Okay
Dervish
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Trojan Found

Post by Dervish »

someguy wrote:Several days later Firefox/gAim stopped working. IE/Aim worked fine though.
Interesting. :)
protected object myTank(){
foreach(noob in this.game){return frag(noob);}}
RPG
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Re: Trojan Found

Post by RPG »

Dervish wrote:
someguy wrote:Several days later Firefox/gAim stopped working. IE/Aim worked fine though.
Interesting. :)
Take it from the 1,000,000+ users that have downloaded it, it's fresh and clean :).

I don't like the seemingly Microsoft virus coming along and destroying everything that's open source...
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

Dervish
is it posible for you to make a post on a topic and STAY on topic? This isn't about your private little browser war.
ImageJeffM
toaster
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by toaster »

JeffM2501 wrote:Dervish
is it posible for you to make a post on a topic and STAY on topic? This isn't about your private little browser war.
Is it spring already?
-toaster
"So there I was, all alone, facing all of the enemy. I started driving in circles, until I had them surrounded, and then I escaped in the confusion."