Partial texture downloads?

NOTE: this is an informal bug post place ONLY. Real bugs should be posted on GitHub
LouMan
Chief Sgt. of Cartography

Partial texture downloads?

Post by LouMan »

Has anyone other than myself experienced partial texture downloads with the Windows client version 2.0.3b3 - 2.0.3b7? For my LegoLand map, the client will download approximately 80-90% of textures and fail for the rest. If I then run a cache update, the client will then download the remaining textures. Kind of annoying that I don't get them on the first connection... Is there a # of textures limit? I think my LegoLand map has approximately 90 textures to download (all approx. 2k).
RPG
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by RPG »

2.0.3b7, texture downloads = fine.
LouMan

Post by LouMan »

Perhaps it is limited to my system - are you running a Windows client RPG? If so, on which version XP?

Reminds me of another issue - Windows clients download the textures every time you join, rather than storing them locally - another problem that may have been discussed elsewhere...
RPG
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by RPG »

LouMan wrote:Perhaps it is limited to my system - are you running a Windows client RPG? If so, on which version XP?

Reminds me of another issue - Windows clients download the textures every time you join, rather than storing them locally - another problem that may have been discussed elsewhere...
Windows XP SP1

My client stores them locally, but each time I visit the map it re-downloads them.