I always win, even if I am in last place!

NOTE: this is an informal bug post place ONLY. Real bugs should be posted on GitHub
ClayOgre
Private First Class
Private First Class

I always win, even if I am in last place!

Post by ClayOgre »

I run a server on the LAN at work. Initiall I ran it under Windows, but later switched to using a Knoppix Live CD. In both instances, whenever we play, at the end of the game, it always says that I was the winner, even when I was not. Is it because I am the one that ends the game either with /shutdownserver or /gameover? I am usually the first one to connect to the server and I am the only admin. It's really no big deal, the players all know who really won, but I am curious as to why this happens.
Respectfully,
I Beg to Remain,
Cordially Yours,
Regards....

TD-Linux
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by TD-Linux »

Is it CTF or freestyle? If it is freestyle, I think BZflag still counts team score. Otherwise, I have no idea. Did you try giving others adminship/letting them do /gameover instead?
ClayOgre
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ClayOgre »

Freestyle. CTF doesn't work too good with three players. As for having somebody else do the admin, no, haven't tried that, might have to give it a whirl, tho there might be scheduling problems. We play for fifteen minutes at break time twice a day. (whoopee!). Usually I am the first one to connect. It did it even with timed games as well when I didn't type in the admin password. Very bizarre.
Respectfully,
I Beg to Remain,
Cordially Yours,
Regards....

Post by Guest »

If an admin runs a /gameover it says that that admin won.
afaik...