The '-' sign isn't displayed

NOTE: this is an informal bug post place ONLY. Real bugs should be posted on GitHub
Tropican8
Private First Class
Private First Class

The '-' sign isn't displayed

Post by Tropican8 »

Hello all,

I have global login set up correctly on my server, but if one logs in without their password, there is no '-' displayed. (People's groups do work, with a password it recognizes Admins, regged players, and other groups) There seem to be some permissions that don't work either, such as the SPAWN, LAGSTATS and TALK permissions. Even someone who does not have those permissions is still able to spawn, do a /lagstats, and talk.
A Meteorite
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by A Meteorite »

I think in CVS you can do -PERM. So try putting a - in front of perm you don't want them to have. I can't remember if this was on the ToDo or in the ChangeLog. Try it anyways. :?
Owner @ BZFX
Core Admin @ CAN

Email me: bzmet…@gmail.com
DTRemenak
General
General

Post by DTRemenak »

- is actually not as thorough as you might think. It only appears when the registered user has previously logged in...e.g. if you just have a bad token you won't get -, unless your callsign has had a good token on the same server sometime before.
Tropican8
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Tropican8 »

DTRemenak wrote:- is actually not as thorough as you might think. It only appears when the registered user has previously logged in...e.g. if you just have a bad token you won't get -, unless your callsign has had a good token on the same server sometime before.
Yeah but I've tried logging in with a good token, then afterward logging in with either a bad one or no token at all. It works fine on other servers. Also it seems to usually occur right after a server restart, things seem fine when the server is running for a while.
Tropican8
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Tropican8 »

DTRemenak wrote:- is actually not as thorough as you might think. It only appears when the registered user has previously logged in...e.g. if you just have a bad token you won't get -, unless your callsign has had a good token on the same server sometime before.
Yeah but I've tried logging in with a good token, then afterward logging in with either a bad one or no token at all. It works fine on other servers. Also it seems to usually occur right after a server restart, things seem fine when the server is running for a while.
A Meteorite wrote:I think in CVS you can do -PERM. So try putting a - in front of perm you don't want them to have. I can't remember if this was on the ToDo or in the ChangeLog. Try it anyways. :?
Yay that works. Thanks Meteorite.
bryjen
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by bryjen »

It also doesn't appear if the server is not using a userdb file. I dropped my userdb and passdb files upon switching to central registration. I don't define any users locally. I assign permissions via groups, in the groupdb file. Users, passwords and group memberships are all handled by the forum.
Tropican8
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Tropican8 »

Umm, I don't want to say you are wrong, but I've been to a lot of servers that only use central and they don't have a problem with the "-" mark. Also I believe it should still work without passdb and userdb the way it is coded.
Last edited by Tropican8 on Wed Aug 03, 2005 1:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
DTRemenak
General
General

Post by DTRemenak »

It will work without passdb but not without userdb. Userdb is how it knows whether you've logged in as a verified user before.
Tropican8
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Tropican8 »

Ok, tried to create the userdb file and add it to my config. Still didn't work. Since I have been wrong almost every time I posted, its probably something on my end. Are all of you sure about needing userdb though? I've tried going to other servers where I have never been, and not using my password on those. The "-" does come up. With userdb don't you have to be going there a second time for the minus to appear?

I have -userdb with the path following in my config and the file does exist. Dunno what it could be. Also this is recent, it worked before strangely enough. I just ran a test and it worked fine with an old 2.0.1 CVS that I used until the Win32 listserver bug was fixed (recent) The minus did come up with it still. Could it be a result of -requireidentify being removed from later versions? Even though one kicks you off the server and the other just puts a "-" by your name its a similar process when contacting the bzbb, right?
Manu
Dev Monkey
Dev Monkey

Post by Manu »

Try to update the latest cvs version, some bugs were fixed related to userdb (players using global login weren't added to userdb file)