Mac OS X client hang isolated

NOTE: this is an informal bug post place ONLY. Real bugs should be posted on GitHub
learner
General
General

Mac OS X client hang isolated

Post by learner »

I believe we've isolated what is causing the OS X client hang! The hang is directly related to the Lighting and Blending Options. (perhaps only one of them, haven't tested independantly yet)

I've had those options off for months and *never* experienced the hang. Turned them on, and I was hanged within minutes!

I'd speculate that this is related to the freeze problems observed on other platforms that has been discussed elsewhere. Perhaps related to the text chatter that happens during gameplay. JB did catch that the problem is related to a display flush that never returns.

Several of the hangs I have observed, since I started watching for this, have all been preceeded by someone making a comment that included non-alphanumerics (punctuation, etc). This was inferred in the prior thread. Might be a lead, maybe not. Worth looking into, though.

Cheers!
CobraA1
Dev Monkey
Dev Monkey

Post by CobraA1 »

Excellent!

Plase post this on the SourceForge bugs page.
-CobraA1

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music he hears, however measured or far away" --Henry David Thoreau

My avatar symbol © 2002 Jeremiah Moss. All rights reserved.
learner
General
General

Post by learner »

CobraA1 wrote:Excellent!

Plase post this on the SourceForge bugs page.
Already done.
Cheers!