Blank Screenshots

NOTE: this is an informal bug post place ONLY. Real bugs should be posted on GitHub
H0ley
Private First Class
Private First Class

Blank Screenshots

Post by H0ley »

Hi everyone,

My specs:
WinXP Pro
Tried with both the offical 2.0.4 and the newly released 2.0.6 RC1 (W32VC71).
Radeon 9550
1280 x 1024 @60hz 32bits

Problem: Kicked n00b and robot butt tonight (110-10 ratio @the passion for FFA) and I took a screenshot with F5 so I can show off. I check in my screenshot folder and the image files are there but they're just blank, completely black to be specific.

Steps I've already tried.
- Change my resolution: So at first my resolution I was using for my desktop and BZFlag were a bit different. I guess when it auto detected my hardware (naughty program) it decided 1024 x 768 @70hz 32bits was the best setup for me, contrary to my desktop's resolution stated above.
- Wait a few minutes: Ha, thinking this was my car and not my computer, I decided to restart the machine and give it another go. Eh, I should have known better. I actually went to the badger place so I can take screenshots. I once again kicked n00b butt @ 18-2 for a first timer. Screenshot to show off, nothing.
- Cursed: It never solves any problems but makes me feel better.

My question to the peoples of this forum are as listed.

If this is just an isolated problem:
- Do I just unistall all my bzflag version (I got the ones stated above and 2.0.5b2)?
- Should I just delete "My BZflag folder" in hope of a new configuration (I really dont want to lose all my settings)?

If this isnt an isolated problem:
- Should I just standby calmly while others demand a fix ASAP. (*looks at the release thread... savages I tell ya)
- If I cant beat them can I join them? By "them" I refer to the savages I mentioned in the dashy above. :D

/edit: I should have put this lame thread in the "Bugs and Problems" section. I'm sorry, dont punish me Jeff :(
Last edited by H0ley on Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
/loves meteorite's mom
Spazzy McGee
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Spazzy McGee »

H0ley
Hows about trying the stable 2.0.6, or try turning your brightness up full. this helped brighten up really dark (not black) screenshots on my old powermac G4.
Last edited by Spazzy McGee on Tue Apr 11, 2006 1:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon
ducatiwannabe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ducatiwannabe »

H0ley, to be honest, it does this to me sometimes as well. It appears to happen when I press f5 too much in a short amount of time...and a few other reasons which I can't figure out.