Shots go through tanks in ubuntu , cant shoot people

NOTE: this is an informal bug post place ONLY. Real bugs should be posted on GitHub
1veedo
Private First Class
Private First Class

Shots go through tanks in ubuntu , cant shoot people

Post by 1veedo »

I swear all my shots go through people. I havn't killed a single person w/ 2.0.8 nor the cvs. People say I'm not shooting, so I guess it's not registering on the server or something. Bots dont even evade shots -- they let them go right through!

I havn't been playing bzflag recently so the version jumped from 2.0.4 to 2.0.8. I understand why 2.0.4 cant kill people but honestly the CVS shouldn't be broken?

Code: Select all

bzflag -v
BZFlag client 2.0.9.20060526-DEVEL-linux-gnu-SDL (protocol 0026) http://BZFlag.org/
Copyright (c) 1993 - 2006 Tim Riker
curl is 7.14.0-2

I dont know what else to say. BZFlag doesn't shoot people. I'm about to steal 2.0.6 from the archlinux repository.
1veedo (libcurl.so.2) I have version 3!
Tropican8
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Tropican8 »

I have no idea what packaging system Arch uses, but mixing repositories doesn't seem like a good idea.

Anyway did you completely remove the previous version before installing this one? (If you installed them to the same place)

(I assume you already know that the version of BZFlag Debian and Ubuntu ships with is a bad compile, and that's why you are trying CVS.)
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

actualy there are patches on SF on how to fix it. it's a problem with how the floats are packed. We are looking at them an applying them to the code.

they are simple fixes.
ImageJeffM
1veedo
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by 1veedo »

BZFlag's now 2.0.8 on gentoo and it runs from chroot, except no sound, but I'm sure I can fix that. Emerge normally gets everything down pretty well, w/ automatic patches and everything.

edit--
yep, forgot to mount dev. /me bangs head. Now it works.
1veedo (libcurl.so.2) I have version 3!