bug when joining servers

NOTE: this is an informal bug post place ONLY. Real bugs should be posted on GitHub
pyr0
Private First Class
Private First Class

bug when joining servers

Post by pyr0 »

its odd, it started right after my last emerge world & emerge system, bz randomly closes when joining servers, but one server/map i can always get on without it doing it is HIX. ducati, pb, mofo, all of the rest i tried, all end in the same way, bz seg faults, so finally after trying to rejoin from pb to mofo in an OL match server and not being able to rejoin because it kept segfaulting, i tried hix, it loaded, i could go, then tried ol with mofo running, and it seg'd again, so i ran a debug, but first, system info...

AMD 3200+ XP
2GB Ram
NVidia GeForce 5200FX PCI
Soundblaster 24bit Live
DLink Wireless 520 card
Kernel: 2.6.17-gentoo-r4

nvidia and alsa drivers are the latest, alsa is emerged instead of kernel based (fails under kernel based). madwifi runs an old version 1402, because its the only one that doesnt have upstream problems with my card (the newer ones drop upstream packets in game and i cant spawn or talk, but i can see exactly whats going on)

ps -aux located at http://pyr02k1.com/hosted/psaux

terminal output

Code: Select all

localhost ~ # bzflag -d -e
BZFlag version:   2.0.8.20060728-MAINT-linux-gnu-SDL
BZFlag protocol:  0026
OpenGL vendor:    NVIDIA Corporation
OpenGL version:   2.0.2 NVIDIA 87.62
OpenGL renderer:  GeForce FX 5200/PCI/SSE/3DNOW!
Depth Buffer:     24 bitplanes

BZFlag version: 2.0.8.20060728-MAINT-linux-gnu-SDL (0026)
Copyright (c) 1993 - 2006 Tim Riker
Author: Chris Schoeneman <crs23@bigfoot.com>
Maintainer: Tim Riker <Tim@Rikers.org>
Audio Driver: alsa
OpenGL Driver: GeForce FX 5200/PCI/SSE/3DNOW!
LIBCURL version:  libcurl/7.15.4 OpenSSL/0.9.7j zlib/1.2.3 libidn/0.6.5
Message of the day:
* BZFlag is a free multiplayer multiplatform 3D tank battle game. The name stands for Battle Zone capture Flag. It runs on Irix, Linux, BSD, Windows, Mac OS X and other platforms.
* We will be moving the list server and fourm machine on saturday 4/16/06. This may cause outages in the list server and forums. We are working on moving them as fast as posible.
* The move of the list server is complete, there are still some issues with the new system, so services may be up and down untill they are fixed.
* BZFlag 2.0.8 has been released, please see http://www.bzflag.org for more info.
Server version: 'BZFS0026'
Network: Created local UDP downlink port 43062
Got server's UDP packet back, server using UDP
Server got our UDP, using UDP to server
Segmentation fault
anyone have any idea, because this has me stumped, ive compiled bz from source, emerged it, reemerged it and still nothing new
pyr0
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by pyr0 »

seems to have randomly fixed itself. my guess is it had something to do with qt since while i was posting that, i started a reemerge of qt 4.1.4 since the original failed on me before starting bz (problem was occuring before i upgraded qt to 4.1.4, back when i still had 3.3.6 )

-pyr0