BZEdit for windows!

General talk about the map making process.
Red Cobra
Private First Class
Private First Class

BZEdit for windows!

Post by Red Cobra »

Can someone please create something similar to ibzedit for windows. Its so annoying using the old bzedit and having to enter the coordinates and the fact you cant import any objects or meshes. Thanks!
Cop@R3lax
Trusted@Viper
joevano
General
General

Post by joevano »

No one is actively working on a 2.0 Map editor (meshes), that I know of. You should learn how to use Blender. That si what is now being presented for making maps. An exporter to BZW has been written. Why reinvent the wheel when there already is an app that is more than capable?
Red Cobra
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Red Cobra »

Ok thanks donny. Now the question is can someone make a tutorial or something on how to make bz maps in blender.
Cop@R3lax
Trusted@Viper
CannonBallGuy
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by CannonBallGuy »

There are numerous blender tutorials at www.google.com.

Merry Christmas!

"Look, if I don't buy booze for the kids, I don't get any incriminating pictures to show to their parents, my business goes down the sink, my girlfriend leaves me and the baby goes on ebay. So help me search..."

"go Play With Toys urself in a dark alley u donkey ******" - Lt-Kirby2007
Grace F
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Grace F »

oh, is that what you guys use to make BZ maps?
Winny
Grouchy
Grouchy

Post by Winny »

Asking someone to "just make" an application is kind of inconsiderate...

Not like it can be done in 4 or 5 minutes, it could takes days, weeks, or months depending on its complexity.

Yeah, just use blender. It can be weird at first, but after a few months you get used to it.
Red Cobra
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Red Cobra »

I wasn't asking for it immediatly I just would lie it be done. I dont care if it takes a year. I just would like it. :D
Cop@R3lax
Trusted@Viper
ducatiwannabe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ducatiwannabe »

The current BZEdit version can get done all you need for standard 1.x maps. :) If you're wanting 2.x things, perhaps try using Blender or handcoding or getting a Mac so you can get iBZEdit or something along those lines. Personally, I'm doing ok with the current bzedit, but a new one with fixed bugs, maybe some more features, and etc. would be nice. Unfortunately, I can't code. :(

We don't need it with a snap of the fingers, as the current version has been pretty helpful, but it would be nice if somebody started working on one. If it takes months, I can assure you, I won't complain.
tw1sted
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by tw1sted »

Red Cobra wrote:Ok thanks donny. Now the question is can someone make a tutorial or something on how to make bz maps in blender.
You dont make the entire map in blender, you just make objects that you import into your map so they apear on it.
CannonBallGuy
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by CannonBallGuy »

You can make a whole map in blender if you like.

Merry Christmas!

"Look, if I don't buy booze for the kids, I don't get any incriminating pictures to show to their parents, my business goes down the sink, my girlfriend leaves me and the baby goes on ebay. So help me search..."

"go Play With Toys urself in a dark alley u donkey ******" - Lt-Kirby2007
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

as stated in the BZW tools posts and wiki pages, there is info on how to use the BZW tools for mapping at the BZWTools page.

http://wiki.teppic.homelinux.net/index.php/Main_Page

This includes a getting started tutorial.
ImageJeffM