Someone PLEASE help make a paintball style server

General talk about the map making process.
Ahhhh!
Private First Class
Private First Class

Someone PLEASE help make a paintball style server

Post by Ahhhh! »

Can someone pleeeease try and make a paintball field server? I could make the map and you host it, but if you would like to make the map it could probably be a LOT better than mine.

Some things needed in the server are 5vs5 or 7vs7, no radar, no ricochet, jumping but not too high. fast shots, a high amount of shots (highest possible?) Anyone wanna help me out? I dont have the time or understanding of computers to make one :(

games go 40mins if there is ever a league (real paintball is 2 20 min halves)

Flags are:
High Speed (near the start to get out of firing lanes)
Agility (in the snake(long, low tube-like bunker down one side of the field)) to help movnig from one break-point to another
Rapid Fire (In the back corners to allow back end players to suppress (called laneing in paintball)
Tiny and Narrow in the middle 1/2 of the field to help front players hide behind bunkers better

I think it would be loads of fun.. I just need some help!!!

Heres some pics of what I have in mind... maybe bigger and less bunkers to make it easier... but thats more or less it.

If you like the idea and want to do it but need some help understanding what the game needs, I could help you with that easily!

Please help me!!! :)
silver surfer
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by silver surfer »

is that bottom picture a copy u already made? thats amazing... well... I'm staying out of this we all know I suck with computers...

looks a bit small... especially the objects... they look really small... no rico??? i know it's supposed to be like Paintball where it would splatter... or explode for Bz-flag... but i mean this map is nothin but rico objects... it needs it... yeh and I don't think there should be jumping... because in real Paintball your not going to jump over the Paintball... duh... :doh:

needs more colors then red and blue... maybe add a 3-2 shot geno in the middle... and stealth could be a huge killer in this map if there's a radar... if there's not don't add cloaking...(personally I think no radar is a bad idea for this kind of map)and what's the regualar amount of paintballs a paintball gun can hold? thats how many bullets you should have...

other those ideas... great job, can't wait to play it...
Ahhhh!
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Ahhhh! »

Thats not my map, it was probably made by someone in a field layout program.

I think the map should be easy enough to make.. very generic shapes. Pyramids, Different square shapes... The only thing I'd have trouble with is round ones and the "X".

I don't want a radar because this game is about stealth. Making quick moves when you know nobody is looking. If you can see where they are, its too easy to sit in a comfortable bunker, especially the pyramids, and wait for them to move. Far too easy.

Also, does anyone know if there is a way to stop respawns until after a flag capture (As in, once you are hit, you are out until the other team captures the flag, scoring a point)

I know this will be difficult but if I can get a few good guys to help, It could be lotsa fun, and we could probably start a league.
F687/s
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by F687/s »

Rule #1 of Mapmaking: Make it yourself!

Seriously, if you've even experimented in mapmaking, it shouldn't be too hard. The round cylinders can be accomplished with arcs, and the big X, well, ...

Also, don't rush into this too quickly. It looks like you're proposing to start a league before the map is even created. If you can at least get a prototype working, people may be happy to help. At least make it playable, and making it fun always helps too.

As always, the wiki is your friend.
CUPCAKE
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by CUPCAKE »

F687/s wrote:Rule #1 of Mapmaking: Make it yourself!
Either that, or someone else makes it and you probably don't get much credit, if any.
Ahhhh!
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Ahhhh! »

i dont want credit... I just want to PLAY it!!!
F687/s
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by F687/s »

> i dont want credit... I just want to PLAY it!!!

If you want to play it, you have to either make it yourself, wait (maybe a long time) for somebody to make one, or outsource somebody to do it for you. You can try asking somebody to make a map for you, but don't expect much willingness. At least make a prototype, and people might help you along.
Razputin

Post by Razputin »

I suppose i could help you build it, just 1 question should it be ctf or not?