BZ Basketball

General talk about the map making process.
ashleypogi13
Private First Class
Private First Class

BZ Basketball

Post by ashleypogi13 »

hi all. i would like to inform u guys about my plan to make a bzbasketball map. if it would be succesful, it may be a league. heres my plan so far:
plain basketball court (with lines on the place (halfcourt, freethrow, etc.))
it will much be like bzsoccer but heres the thing. i would put a bouncer somewhere near the freethrow line so that a tank would jump there and kinda dunk to the hoop. it will be 2 teams and i would have green or purple to be referee (which i mean is the team flag to cap :))
i would like to have comments on this work. wish me luck :)
ducktape
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ducktape »

There has already been a bz basketball made by sigonasr2. But i guess a new one could be made just aslong as it doesnt look the same.
slon02
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by slon02 »

Isn't this more of a "General Map Making Discussion" topic?
Current Server: hosting.BZADDICT.net:5173
Former Server: Fairserve.bzflag.org:5259
F687/s
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by F687/s »

Just remember that bases cannot be drivethrough (they're 1.0), so putting the base inside the net may result in the base blocking the bottom of the net, meaning you would have to jump out of the net after scoring. If you're going for (really) classic-style basketball, then you would be just fine.
Tank 52
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Tank 52 »

when it comes out ill give it a try but when you make it into a league (if you do) make it open to everyone so no one has to go find the website and register to play. Some people dont really have time for that you know.