MiniMap

General talk about the map making process.
The Purple Panzer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

MiniMap

Post by The Purple Panzer »

I thought it'd be fun to do a constrained map, so this one is 150 x 150, rather than the usual 400 x 400. It has 3 additional vertical levels, so it isn't as crowded as you might think it would be (the total area is still significantly less then 400 x 400).

Each level has teleporters to get to the other levels (though you can jump up in places too). The tallest teleporter goes to the highest level, the shortest to the lowest level, etc., and they are always in the same order - so you can pretty easily tell where you're going. The teleporter to the level you're on is looped back to itself, so don't shoot into it, unless you want to jump and get the guy behind you - I thought this was more interesting and useful than making it transparent. (The teleporters all work, unlike the first version of my last map, when my logic and the original madcity's came into conflict.)

It's a good map for ST, SW, and anything else you like for short range. GM is probably not too useful, though it might be in places. OO, if you get it on a high level, will just cause you to drop down to the ground.

It's got 113 boxes and 85 pyramids, so aside from its small size it should be fairly lightweight to run on servers.
Attachments
MiniMap.bzw
(13.3 KiB) Downloaded 363 times
creeperz
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by creeperz »

prettyful
Mad at anger
---
"You can't pick up chicks in a tank!" --Tucker (Blue Team)
---
Terminator
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Terminator »

Seems intresting. I think it would be fun.
Astalavista baby!

and I'll be back!