Panic Map! READ THIS!

General talk about the map making process.
FangUp
Private First Class
Private First Class

Panic Map! READ THIS!

Post by FangUp »

Okay!
It is FangUp here!
Now lets get right down to it!
I have an idea about a cool map hehe here what it looks like:

-1st: CTF Red vs Green.
-2nd No Radar!
-3rd: Two bases 1 Red 1 Green each on the oposite sides and in air, plus so that the enemie cant see other anemie.(you will get that sentence in a minute.)
-4th In middle there would be a battle field. Now, il ltry to describe it like im a Green tank. I spawn on green base and see that I can only go straight forward through 1 teleport. Before the teleport there are two packs of flags (around 50 flags on same spot), left contains MQ and right contains US. I grab one and go through the teleport. I am transported in the middle of a big field (size of 500). There are some boxes and pyramids there. Now if you have read that there is no radar you know that the opponent cant know if im theirs or no! becose before im transported to middle i can grab MQ or US! now, same goes for red. so how does this looks further: there is a short tunnel linking base and teleport on left (green) and right (red) both, red and green are teleported to the middle teleport when they go throuh the tunnel teleport. There is no way back after once teleported. The middle field is Battlefield. TACTIC: you can still see what flags the opponent is holding so if low peoples on map or only 2 its easy. It isnt so if there are more players! about more players i tough about the something WICKED! : For total risk of points there could be Genocide (G) in the middle! shoot enemie and bravo! shoot teamate and...fall down! xD Plus the tunnel must be blocked so red cant see the green tanks in the tunnel, let the battlefield be around 30 tank sizes lower than the tunnels.

Sooo what do u think about it!? hahha! Please comment what do u think and if you do not understand please comment that too ill focus more on that part!:)

Oh! and the name can be...: COLOR TROUBLE! Team or Enemie? - Just Shoot! (MQ and US)

- FangUp
To be or not to be. - W. Shakespeare
To bee or not to bee? I sure love Honee! - FangUp
Playing since 2005, with an unregistered nickname.
mahem1
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Panic Map! READ THIS!

Post by mahem1 »

A picture is worth 1000 words.....
Let alone 2.

*EDIT*
And a map file is worth 100,000,000.
Lag makes me miss all of the good stuff.
And random bans..........
FangUp
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by FangUp »

O: ok ill draw it, and send it in Email pack to any1 who wants to know :3
ahs3
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ahs3 »

This sounds like a Map Discussion rather than a release.

Map discussions are located here ---> http://my.bzflag.org/bb/viewforum.php?f=40
Flag Alert!!!
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Flag Alert!!! »

I DO like the concept, but it would be a simple matter to right click and fight out if they are on your team or not. It would also be a simple matter to camp around the enemy teleport and just wait for them to pop out.
FangUp
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by FangUp »

dude you havent read it all? you would not be abble to see enemies teleport plus, they will both be teleported into the SAME teleport in the middle so pls... and i think you cant [lock-on] if you use somesort of a plugin.
SkillDude
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by SkillDude »

FangUp wrote:and i think you cant [lock-on] if you use somesort of a plugin.
This can be done with the server variable _forbidIdentify by setting it to 1. I would expect _forBidHunting would be also set up.

The idea sounds pretty interesting, we/I may try something with it in the future. I have always wanted a map where everyone looked similar like a teammate, however by observing the actions of an opponent you can try and figure out whether they are or are not the opponent you are looking for. I wonder if it is possible that we can try and extend this further, for example, what if we had some Thief World Weapons shooting at different spots every once in awhile? If the opponent gets hit, boom, there goes their cover.

Teammates can talk to each other to try and get a grasp of each other's positions, or set up places where they know they will stand so they all know who is and is not a teammate. Finally, for capturing the flag, once someone grabs the flag, you would expect the people who are being capped to start shooting at the opponent. At that moment the people trying to help their teammate cap can then identify who is and is not a target.

I do not like the idea of genocide risking however, that may be too much of a risk. That may be the point, but does not sound as fun considering 50% of the time you are observing you will miss. In addition, you lose cover. No real point in using that flag for this kind of style in my opinion.

I would use a plugin like my Virtual Flag plugin that changes shot types based on the "secondary flag" you get. Perhaps this way we can still incorporate lasers, super bullets, and shockwaves as an added plus. Better yet, Choose Powerup plugin, which does something similar, but instead lets you choose which type of shots you want before you start playing.

Some things to consider...
FangUp
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by FangUp »

Well sigonasr2 i may draw what is in my head if you want and post it in an email since i cant use BZEdit atm. Once i asked my dad who is kinda pro at computers... "We together could make great things, my imagination ur smartness!" than my dad sead: "...son...it all has to be in one head but you already have imagionation, that cannot be learnt, but programming can if you are didicated in it." hmph the thing is that im not so into this programming O: