Controlling spawn locations

General talk about the map making process.
The Purple Panzer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Controlling spawn locations

Post by The Purple Panzer »

I'm working on a new CTF map, and when players are killed and respawn, I want to make sure they respawn at or near their own bases, not randomly on the map. I have set up zones for the teams around their bases, but spawning still happens somewhat randomly. Is there something I'm missing, or is there a plugin (like airspawn) that might be used to control this?
mahem1
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Controlling spawn locations

Post by mahem1 »

How are you setting up your zones? I simply do this:
zone
pos 0 0 0
size 1 1 1
team 4
end
This works for me on the purple team 100% of the time. I tried with a box and a pyramid with -sb on and it spawns me ontop and not randomly. Also I tried multiple spawn zones and it works by spawning evening(if not, randomly). Is that your problem? Maybe you need to make more smaller zones in the specific area you want.
Lag makes me miss all of the good stuff.
And random bans..........
The Purple Panzer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by The Purple Panzer »

Now it does work - not sure what was going on. Maybe I didn't have a server restart with the zones in when I thought I did. Weird. But thanks - it made me retest from scratch.
optic delusion
Special Forces
Special Forces

Post by optic delusion »

Putting freeCtfSpawns into the "world" definition might also help
Take a look at my Defender game mode concept.

Thinking is not an automatic process. A man can choose to think or to let his mind stagnate, or he can choose actively to turn against his intelligence, to evade his knowledge, to subvert his reason. If he refuses to think, he courts disaster: he cannot with impunity reject his means of perceiving reality.