Page 1 of 1


Posted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:24 pm
by Foooey

Seen this in example of using water in the wiki

name example_waterlevel
height -1.0

question is how do define its position and size ?


Re: Water

Posted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:29 pm
by blast
With the waterLevel object, you can only define the height that the water shows up. Additionally, touching the water will be fatal. If you want "water" in specific areas, then you need to do it yourself with a mesh or other object and then just use the water texture.

Re: Water

Posted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:37 pm
by Foooey
thank you blast. will look at using mesh objects.

Re: Water

Posted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:31 pm
by Tanx
also if you want to make the water realistic (moving) you'll need to look into textureMatrix if you don't already know about it.

also the wiki doesn't mention the fact that in faces they face the side that they are specified in a counter clockwise manner (the vertices that it). I never figured out a great way to explain this otherwise I would've added it already...

Re: Water

Posted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:04 pm
by JeffM
It is called Polygon Winding and it is a standard concept in 3d graphics when dealing with Back-face Culling

Re: Water

Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:43 am
by Foooey
Thanks for your help guys.