Missile War 3

General talk about the map making process.
ducatiwannabe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Missile War 3

Post by ducatiwannabe »

Hello fellow tankers,

This old and rusty one has rolled out of the shadows once again to inform you that I've been working on a third installment of Missile War over the past few days. It's practically complete - just needs some tanks rolling around to test it out with me during fierce gameplay.

Once again it is a two-team brawl. Red vs Green, the classic teams for capture-the-flag. Instead of the bases being positioned in the corners, each team has a base stretching all the way along one side of the map's border. In the middle of the map is a similar structure to that of the one in Missile War 2 - see through Pyramid Doors allowing entry into a ground-level room and a raised room. Atop these rooms is a small Pyramid Stand housing the Genocide flag. As in the prior versions, there are slightly transparent Pyramid Pods that can be used for cover on the battlefield.

As opposed to how the first two Missile War maps had Guided Missile Towers inside the base for missile-happy campers, Missile War 3 has what I like to call Outposts positioned closer to the middle that allow for better map control but with more risk.

Each team has three see-through Doors which allow shots and tanks to pass through from the inside, but not from on the battlefield to inside. The first is near the base and faces the middle of the map, the other two are at an angle farther to the sides of the large base area. The left and right side doors for each team point toward the middle of the map as well, but lead first to the Outposts and their teleporters.

On each side of red and green's bases are some Tramways - where a tank can drive on to the platform, speed up, and hit a colorful Jump Pad at the end that will vault them into the other team's base in a similar fashion to the jump pads in the corner of Missile War 2. Depending on how you position your tank on the tramway while moving toward the jump, you can land on Platforms of varying heights in the enemy base which allow Stealth tanks or ShockWave tanks a strategic approach. If a tank were to climb said Platforms, there are three Walkways that can be reached - one that leads toward the middle of the map and gives access to the Outposts, one that leads midfield to the Pyramid Pods, and one that leads to the right and over the Tramway.

All in all, with a few tweaks to variables to change the balance of a few of the flags, Missile War 3 is designed to have very fast-paced action and offer multiple strategies with the addition of the Outposts, Tramways and closer bases.

Here are a few screenshots - also signs of my rustiness because the angles are probably pretty horrible.

Anyway, as always, thoughts and criticisms welcome, etc., etc.

http://s76.photobucket.com/user/raven27 ... creenshots

Thanks!
-dw
ducatiwannabe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Missile War 3

Post by ducatiwannabe »

The map is up and ready to go - looking forward to tanking with all of you.

I would like to thank Constitution for being kind enough to host Missile War 3.

You can find it at:

trinity.fairserve.net:5149
kaadmy
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by kaadmy »

Looks great!
ducatiwannabe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ducatiwannabe »

Thank you very much! I encourage others to try it out as well. :) It will be tons of fun with a full crowd.
kaadmy
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by kaadmy »

Tried it yesterday, can't wait for 10v10 battles ;)
And maybe disable Rogue tanks?
Zehra
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Zehra »

An amazing, well thought of map, with a great and professional design.
Those who are critical of me, I'll likely be the same of them. ~Zehra
The decisions we make are the ones we look forward too and the ones we regret. ~Zehra
There's a difference between knowing my name and knowing me, one shows respect to my name and the other is to who I am. ~Zehra

See where I've last been active at Strayers.
Visit BZList.net for a modern HTML5 server stats site.

Click here to view the 101 Leaderboard & Score Summaries Last updated 2021-01-12 (YYYY-MM-DD)
Latest 101 thread
ducatiwannabe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ducatiwannabe »

An amazing, well thought of map, with a great and professional design.
Gosh, I don't know about professional, but I appreciate the compliment and I'm glad you enjoy the design. I hope we'll get to tank on it together sometime. :)
ducatiwannabe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ducatiwannabe »

Tried it yesterday, can't wait for 10v10 battles ;)
And maybe disable Rogue tanks?
I've heard a few tankers say they weren't fond of the idea of a few stray rogues. That setting may change in the near future.

Oh, and I too look forward to the brawls. Maybe I'll see you there. :)