The Tower map

General talk about the map making process.
WorldOfTanks23
Private First Class
Private First Class

The Tower map

Post by WorldOfTanks23 »

I'm looking for a map that I saw a long time ago: I believe it was called The Tower, with a large rectangular map and in the middle a high tower with portals at both the bottom and the top at all four sides. I believe the game was Rabbit Hunt

You could snipe from a distance in the corners or you could get a ST and enter through the portal and then jump off the tower. It would be hilarious when everyone was coming after you and the couldn't see you since you were falling from the tower and invisible from the radar. Then you'd sneak up on people and then kill them and then jump through the portal again. I had so much fun playing this map, especially when a large number of players were in the game.

I believe the simple maps are still the most fun.
Zehra
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: The Tower map

Post by Zehra »

Search the Map releases forum.
It might have been released there.

-Zehra
Those who are critical of me, I'll likely be the same of them. ~Zehra
The decisions we make are the ones we look forward too and the ones we regret. ~Zehra
There's a difference between knowing my name and knowing me, one shows respect to my name and the other is to who I am. ~Zehra

See where I've last been active at Strayers.
Visit BZList.net for a modern HTML5 server stats site.

Click here to view the 101 Leaderboard & Score Summaries Last updated 2021-01-12 (YYYY-MM-DD)
Latest 101 thread
WorldOfTanks23
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by WorldOfTanks23 »

I couldn't find it (so far)
Zehra
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Zehra »

Keep searching, you might have remembered it under another name.
Also there's several maps which have the same titles, so you might have found the wrong one as well.

If you still can't find it and if you know the authors name, you can ask them if they can release it on the forums or if it can be hosted.
If you don't know the authors name, than you can ask the server owner who last hosted it.(They will likely know the authors name.)

-Zehra
The decisions we make are the ones we look forward too and the ones we regret. ~Zehra
There's a difference between knowing my name and knowing me, one shows respect to my name and the other is to who I am. ~Zehra

Click here to view the 101 Leaderboard & Score Summaries Last updated 2021-01-12 (YYYY-MM-DD)
Latest 101 thread
alfa1
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by alfa1 »

I must be wrong but that explanation reminds me a bit of Lasermania by Louman, with teleporters on the middle which bring you to their 2 towers, but they are placed on corners of the big square map. I don't know very well how the towers work since I didn't play there a lot.
Zehra
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Zehra »

The map he is suggesting sounds remotely similar to several maps.
As we do not have any screenshots, but simply a description, it becomes hard to to pinpoint any specific map.(Unless it had a unique design.)

-Zehra

Latest 101 thread
WorldOfTanks23
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by WorldOfTanks23 »

The design is basically very simple, a large playing area with a square high tower in the middle with portals on each side at ground level and at the top of the tower on each side. And lots of flags, including laser and ST
Zehra
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Zehra »

WorldOfTanks23 wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:50 pm The design is basically very simple, a large playing area with a square high tower in the middle with portals on each side at ground level and at the top of the tower on each side. And lots of flags, including laser and ST
The description fits a large number of maps.
It is very vague and does not give enough information for anyone to get a real good idea of what the map is.

A bit off topic, but it sounds like a map which could be made in around 5 minutes to 60 minutes.
If you would need help with the creation of such a map, let me know and we can discuss it by private message.

-Zehra

Latest 101 thread