looking for a race plugin

General talk about the map making process.
mathiaz
Private First Class
Private First Class

looking for a race plugin

Post by mathiaz »

Hi ,

I am looking for a plugin to do a kind of race:
- each player have the same color.
- few flags (better if it s in configuration), when they bring back these flags to one point (base..), the score is updated.
- shoot enabled.

I guess this plugin already exist, is there a link where it s available?

Thanks for your answers
<°)))><|
tainn
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: looking for a race plugin

Post by tainn »

I don't think you really need any plugin to realize this, outside of perhaps a HTF scoreboard to keep track of the wins, unless I'm misunderstanding your idea.

Code: Select all

-c
-mp 0,20,0,0,0,20
+f R*{20}
-ms 1
This creates a setting for 20 red tanks and 20 observers, generating 20 red team flags, as well as setting 1 shot max.

If you are perhaps looking for laps, though, you can realize that as well through different approaches. If I remember correctly, R3lax has one map on his map change server that is basically a race with laps, should that be of interest. It does use a plugin to achieve lap counts, though I'm unsure which exactly.
Zehra
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Zehra »

The 'Phoenix' plug-in is used at times in race maps.
You may also wish to contact ahs3, as he's done quite a few race maps.
(Most notably the "Tank Race" series of maps.)

There is also few plug-ins which may be able to be adapted to suit your needs, should current efforts prove unsatisfactory.

Just to clarify, do you wish for tanks to bring a certain number of flags to a "specified" point on the map?
Or when each tank brings a flag to the specified point, that their score is updated?

-Zehra
Those who are critical of me, I'll likely be the same of them. ~Zehra
The decisions we make are the ones we look forward too and the ones we regret. ~Zehra
There's a difference between knowing my name and knowing me, one shows respect to my name and the other is to who I am. ~Zehra

See where I've last been active at Strayers.
Visit BZList.net for a modern HTML5 server stats site.

Click here to view the 101 Leaderboard & Score Summaries Last updated 2021-01-12 (YYYY-MM-DD)
Latest 101 thread
mathiaz
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by mathiaz »

Thanks that s an exellent beginning.

-c
-mp 0,20,0,0,0,20
-ms 1
+f R*{20}

I will add a red base, and a green base.
There will be only red players.
Players will spawn near green base at the opposite of the red one.

The game is to bring back a red flag to the green base.

So , all tanks will be destroyed, and respawn at the beginning.

It seems i need something to count the cap. (one point for cap against his team).

Does it already exist?
<°)))><|
tainn
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by tainn »

That sounds like a classic HTF (hold-the-flag) system.

Yes, it does exist! It is called a HTF scoreboard and quite a few HTF maps utilize it. The most recent would probably be the Obstacle Course, orchestrated by ahs3.
Zehra
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Zehra »

If the default plug-ins are compiled, you will simply need to load the "HoldTheFlag" plug-in with the following arguments:

-loadplugin HoldTheFlag,team=Red
Since if no arguments are provided, it assumes the "green" team will be used for the mode.
However, if you wish to use another team besides green, it will need to be specified.
The details will be found in the readme of said plug-in.

Small side note, while "HoldTheFlag" is actually meant for another mode, it is frequently used for "racing" type maps and modes.
As a small side note, you may wish to also use the "flagOnSpawn" plug-in for enhanced effect.
(Looking through the source, it also provides a message of flag granted, but if this is not wanted, it could simply be commented out.)

bz_sendTextMessage( BZ_SERVER, playerID,
			  mesg.c_str() );
To:

//bz_sendTextMessage( BZ_SERVER, playerID,
//			  mesg.c_str() );
Or rather easy to mod into an option of sending messages.
Let me know if you wish for more details in any of said options.

-Zehra
Those who are critical of me, I'll likely be the same of them. ~Zehra
The decisions we make are the ones we look forward too and the ones we regret. ~Zehra
There's a difference between knowing my name and knowing me, one shows respect to my name and the other is to who I am. ~Zehra

See where I've last been active at Strayers.
Visit BZList.net for a modern HTML5 server stats site.

Click here to view the 101 Leaderboard & Score Summaries Last updated 2021-01-12 (YYYY-MM-DD)
Latest 101 thread
alfa1
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by alfa1 »

Consider race maps, as far as I know, are never meant to allow shooting. I guess this is to avoid the complication to start again after the death and players can concentrate only on strategy and skills.

Also, scores are not usually saved (not sure if HTF plugin will work since it's another game style), specially taking into account that randomly generated maps will tend to reset after a capture, meaning the entire server is restarting, losing all saved values. In this case, you would need to use a file to save them and, possibly, a system to reset them all or ranking them every some time. I guess the main idea, if the map is complex enough to take a relatively important time to accomplish the goal, is just to make a capture and done. See Jumping Skills cases.
mathiaz
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by mathiaz »

Thanks all, especially Zehra who knows all the tricks.
I have everything i was looking for.
Not sure of what will be the map, shooting or not, 1 or 2 teams, probably superflag, but it will be.
<°)))><|